Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rubber Guard under Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roosbok is an unknown quantity at this point
Rubber Guard under Front Bumper

Is it important? I had to take it off because it was falling off and wouldn't stay on. It's in the trunk now. Will driving without it cause a problem, such as water or rocks getting kicked up underneath? Since it won't stay on does that mean that I need a new one, or is there a way to make it stay in place. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
ive been driving without mine for a while.. my engien bay is dirty as hell... doesnt seem all that important to me..
they can be easily hidden behind a lip kit
altho not sure how much they would be to replace
Old 12-11-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I lost mine either while on a highway or learning to park. I want replace it but I doubt its worth it. Don't worry about it. If you still want to hook it back up though, ducktape cures all! or a ziptie... I'd do it if I still had mine. Yes, for some odd reason, they never stayed on.
Old 12-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
my car never came with one.
Old 12-11-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
my thoughts on this....

It'll stay on if it's installe properly first of all. It can come away from the clips if it gets hit enough on curbs or whatever. Before I got my G5 kit I always left that rubber thing on so protect the underside of the bumper....

not to mention from the front it just seems to make the car look a little nicer...don't ask...just an opinion...lol
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the plastic piece came off under the engine of my car, do u guys think its okay? its exposing the pully and i'm afarid something will hit it, the on i'm talking about is it's part of the inner fender and attact to the front bumper
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
i think their like $50 from honda. but you dont need one, i dont have one
Old 12-14-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
save this link for all your oem part needs

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catdisplay.jsp

They have diagrams of the part and pricng for them as well.
Old 12-14-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
the lil metal clips that hold it in place are like $2.. though most of the time with a hammer and a big clamp you can fix the ones you bent..
it dosent really do anything.. ive had mine off for about a year (its in the trunk) my engine bay does not get any dirtyer than it did before..

as far as the flat plastic pieces (brush gaurd) those are good to have.. i had mine off for a day cuz i riped them off on the snow at the end of my driveway.. my engine bay was so effin dirty.. the clips are a pain in the *** and always break so once you break them dont bother replacing them.. just use zip ties.. for this you will have to make a second hole by each original hole.. a screwdriver and a hammer is the easyest way ive found..
Old 12-15-2004
Registered!!

sohcvtec2001ex is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys mine fell off to and the engien dose get a little bit drity but just keep it clean and they suck putting them back on anyways
Old 12-15-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
loosen the metal clips and they go back on no problem....
Old 07-21-2013
Registered!!

luvmyh0nda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rubber Guard under Front Bumper

I replaced my front engine splash guard from Parts Geek online after zip tieing it to keep it from dragging for almost a year. Stupid thing only cost me $11.51. Total cost plus shipping only came out to be $20.24! I shoulda purchased sooner.

★*SPLASH SHIELD LOWER ENGINE COVER - MOUNTS TO RADIATOR SUPPORT