Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Water in engine F**K

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Water in engine F**K

okay... im in vegas and it like never rains in vegas.. so i look outside and see a little clouds commin thinkin its only gonna be a shower... so about 20 muntes later i start getting ready to go run some errands... damn look outside and it is raining so hard that i cant even see my car parked by the gate..heck i couldnt even see past like 12 inches in front of my face... so i finish getting ready and start driving to run some errands and it slows down to like regualr rain again.. okay so here i am at the stop light and all of a sudden a fricken flash flood comes pouring down the street.... water looked about 6 inches deep based on looking at other peoples tires... still at the stop light and it turns green... start gasing it trying to get outta there as fast as i can so i dont get caught in a deeper flood.... pass the intersection and almost across the light then this big 18 wheeler comes bull dozing through the water on my right hand side and makes this wave that literally covers my car...then engine starts stuttering and die... im like WTF... dont tell me got water in the engine... wait a few minutes and start it again.. it sputters then dies...im like F**K.. took my shoes off and socks and rolled up my pants... get outta the car and some kids on the side of the street were like "mister... give us $10 and we will push it out for you..." im like let me check the engine first then i'll let u know... at first i was thinking the engine frooze cuz got water in in... but then the engine still was cranking when i tried starting it... figured the intake was wet cause i have a CAI... popped the hood and what do ya know.. filters partly submerged... so i pull apart the hose in the mid section to suck up some free air... look inside the pipe and its wet.. so i went to the throttle body and pulled the hose off there.. water was in there too... like a little pool dripping into the engine... close hood and a big *** SUV comes boating through the water and gets me all wet...frick.. oh well.. thinking my day couldnt get any worse get back in the car... start car and cranking it... was there for a good 5 minutes trying to start it... then finally i held the gas down and gave it one more try before giving up..... engine starts but sputters while doing it.. like it was struggling.. figured it was trying to get all the water out... and i was like "come on baby.. come on... dont fail me now".. lol... then finally engine revved like a kitten and i was like YES.... then started to drive through the flood as if nothing happened.. so i ran my errands the rest of the day and justgot home.. i still left the intake open at mid section cause it started to drizzle on my way home and it still looked cloudy... dont wanna worry about it again later if it floods again... what a day... so anyone think anythings damaged... i know this has been brought up before
Old 09-09-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
bwuahahaa 10 bucks mister!!!!
Old 09-09-2004
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

joski will become famous soon enough
Dude that sucks to hear.. It's insane that you kept trying to get your engine started. I heard that if you get water in the engine you could bend rods and ****.. I'd be scared as **** to try turning my car back on! I think I'm just gonna do with a SRI instead of a CAI..
Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
i live in fl and same thing happened to my sister's delsol that has a CAI but my sister wasnt that lucky her car wouldn't start for like 3 days and when it finally did it wasn't running that good for like almost a week, but after that it worked fine. i don't know why this happened...
Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Well it may not be damaged. What you need to do is remove the intake and remove the spark plug cover. You need to remove the water out of the cylinders and take a vaccumm and suck out as much water as you can from the throttle body. Then you need to drain the oil and tranny fluid about 10-15 times each to insure all the water gets out of there. Just keep refilling it and draining it. Then try and start your car. I had the same thing happen and this is what the shop did for me. Charged me $300, but doing it yourself should be cheaper. Hope this helps you. '

You might have other damage down the road though. My throttle body needed to be replaced after like 2 weeks after I got the car working
Old 09-09-2004
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
dont they total your car for flood stuff? Kinda like how Mr. Modify got his brand new 04! I WISH my car would get flooded, Of course with my TV's and Amps and stuff not in it. )
Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AzNmiKex215
dont they total your car for flood stuff? Kinda like how Mr. Modify got his brand new 04! I WISH my car would get flooded, Of course with my TV's and Amps and stuff not in it. )
it all depends on how much flood damage there is. If its just the engine, then they replace it, but if your whole car gets flooded, then most likely they will.