Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My Car Is Sreaming In Pain!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
My Car Is Sreaming In Pain!

Hi Everyone,

Ok Ive searched to the last page of results and Ive read some interesting stuff but I dont think what going on is the same as others have reported here.

My Car rattles under acceleration primarily in first and second, its like a grt t tt ttt tttt ttttt tttttt tttttttt ttttttttttttttttt......lol if that makes any sense at all......but its a loud rattle that matches the rpm climb, that and if you down shift it makes a trerrible wine as the rpms wind up slightly.

Ok so questions are:

1 Waranty.......does the fact that I have lowered my car slightly with H&R's and have 17's with 40 series on my car give the and right to void parts of my waranty?

2. How do I tell between a tranny and or motor problem......If I roll to the light and its put in neutral it makes the rolling ratlling sound till I put the clutch in..... then it stops....so Im guessing tranny.

Any help other than correcting my spelling ( go to a spelling bee you freeks ) would be awsome and I will donate points, yada yada.

Old 09-07-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Does this happen all the time or when it rains?
Old 09-07-2004

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
It hasnt rained in a while here....so no

One more thing its been getting louder.......started off as a noise that no one else could hear....now they can
Old 09-07-2004
Banned

SukitNicenSlow is an unknown quantity at this point
I had kinda the same problem with my civic. My car would sound all ok, until I would hit the gas a bit more and I would hear like grinding noises. It got worse when the RPMs went up. Finally, after bout a month of that, I took it into a Honda dealer and I havent seen my car in 2 weeks Its getting a new transmission, new clutch, and new piston rings. Dont ask me WHY, but, thats what its getting.

Moral is, is just take it in as soon as you can. I waited along time, and look at all the things I need to replace. Im so pissed at the fact that its been 2 weeks since I took it in, and I still dont have it.
Old 09-07-2004

Originally Posted by SukitNicenSlow
I had kinda the same problem with my civic. My car would sound all ok, until I would hit the gas a bit more and I would hear like grinding noises. It got worse when the RPMs went up. Finally, after bout a month of that, I took it into a Honda dealer and I havent seen my car in 2 weeks Its getting a new transmission, new clutch, and new piston rings. Dont ask me WHY, but, thats what its getting.

Moral is, is just take it in as soon as you can. I waited along time, and look at all the things I need to replace. Im so pissed at the fact that its been 2 weeks since I took it in, and I still dont have it.

Thanks for that info SukitNicenSlow, I have a question or two for you:

Was that covered under waranty or did you have to fork out for any of the work being done. And does anyone think its worth putting it all back to stock? or does that matter at all? Remember im in Canada.....so Ill try to search for Canadian Waranty laws but Im sure we have similar ones to the U.S.

My Other direct question to you was did you drive your car hard? I really drive allot and lets admit if you dont floor it in our cars theres not much point of trying to accelerate in the frist place.

Old 09-07-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
THAT is your tranny, allright. It's dying.

And driving your car hard won't mess up the tranny. What WILL mess up the tranny is bad shifting and speed shifting. RPM has little to do with it if you shift smooth.

I HAVE to shift at 6k just to get on the freeway, but I shift very smooth, and also know how to downshift very smooth. So flooring it, by itself, won't hurt the tranny.

Anytime to pop the clutch, or grind gears, THAT will do it for sure.

I don't know if the warranty act applies in Canada, but they have to prove that aftermarket parts caused the problem. Many would agree that to save a lot of headaches, going in stock is the simplest way.

The tranny's have some problems to begin with...

Good luck to ya.
Old 09-07-2004

I'm trying not to laugh..........as the ca$h flies from my wallet.......so now my question is can I drive this beast even 2 feet? should I just take it to my dealership as is?

Also Ive searched and cant find anyone with a story of how honda wont cover them cause there car is and inch lower......if have seen this let me know or post a link.......I might just suck at searchiong who knows.

And thanks again for your input.
Old 09-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
Hi Everyone,

Ok Ive searched to the last page of results and Ive read some interesting stuff but I dont think what going on is the same as others have reported here.

My Car rattles under acceleration primarily in first and second, its like a grt t tt ttt tttt ttttt tttttt tttttttt ttttttttttttttttt......lol if that makes any sense at all......but its a loud rattle that matches the rpm climb, that and if you down shift it makes a trerrible wine as the rpms wind up slightly.

Ok so questions are:

1 Waranty.......does the fact that I have lowered my car slightly with H&R's and have 17's with 40 series on my car give the and right to void parts of my waranty?

2. How do I tell between a tranny and or motor problem......If I roll to the light and its put in neutral it makes the rolling ratlling sound till I put the clutch in..... then it stops....so Im guessing tranny.

Any help other than correcting my spelling ( go to a spelling bee you freeks ) would be awsome and I will donate points, yada yada.

Having your car lowered shouldnt effect your warranty. Honda dealers all over now are selling and installing lowering springs so they shouldnt give you ****. They have to prove that the aftermarket product is what caused the issue. And lowering springs have nothing to do with your tranny.

Now it is easy to tell between a motor and tranny problem. Its hard to explain, but usually tranny problems you can tell when you shift and drive. Usually motor problems have to do with your car not starting and having leaks and what not. But your tranny would still be working. I hope you understand that. I dont really know a better way to explain it.

Now if you are under warranty, then you have nothing to worry about, honda will take care of the problem free of charge. And there is no need to put your car back to stock.
Old 09-07-2004

[QUOTE=streetglower]

I hope you understand that. I dont really know a better way to explain it.

[QUOTE]

I do actually understand what you mean...and thanks..and I ve assumed its a tranny problem all along but wanted to know if there is anything the engine would do that would sound similar.

Im going to take it in now .........I hope to see her soon
Old 09-07-2004
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
if i could only take a look at it
Old 09-07-2004
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nitto
if i could only take a look at it
I know what you mean. He said it's quiet until he lets off the clutch, even in neutral. Sounds like the input shaft bearing, or one of the gears on the input shaft. First bet is the bearing, though.
Old 09-08-2004

Originally Posted by Tinman
I know what you mean. He said it's quiet until he lets off the clutch, even in neutral. Sounds like the input shaft bearing, or one of the gears on the input shaft. First bet is the bearing, though.
Ok After yesterdays talk with you guys and then having the opportunity to drive my car home from work, Me and my brother came to exactly the same conclusion. Because the gears just feel "loose"......its sooo loud now and I just got back from the dealership, and the idot 14 year old mechanic drove my car like a little old lady and said "I cant hear anything".....so I told him to drop his purse and floor it.......he did and the sound echoed off the near by buildings, and he said oh.......that sound........lol........so now it's NOT in good hands, and Im with no car for few days.........were all cruising this weekend too, so It best be done by the weekend.

Thanks guys for all the input, its in the stealership, and Ill let you all know when I know more

Last edited by Hurts2bStock; 09-08-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2004

Well the car is due back tomorow but before it does it will get new gears, and the input shaft bearing, three of the gears on the input shaft. .....Exactly what Tinman said, so nice work
Old 09-09-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
Well the car is due back tomorow but before it does it will get new gears, and the input shaft bearing, three of the gears on the input shaft. .....Exactly what Tinman said, so nice work
( In Elvis voice) Thank you.... thank you very much....