Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

7th gen civics and their common problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by civic2uner
i have the rocking seat. how do you fix it?
take it to the dealer and tell them to fix that ****.
Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic2uner is on a distinguished road
im outta warrenty
Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by civic2uner
im outta warrenty
well then wither take it there, or take it to a automotive shop because either way there could be a number of things wrong with the seat. Go to the dealer and show a service advisor your problem and ask him what he thinks the problem is.
Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

civic2uner is on a distinguished road
cool
Old 08-15-2004
The Beer-man

Metallica454 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, when I took mine in under warranty, they replaced all the bushings in the seat bracket.
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

civichxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate my car I have way more problems then any of you and im still under 60k miles hah
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civichxtreme
i hate my car I have way more problems then any of you and im still under 60k miles hah
so explain how you have more problems then anyone else. I want to see if you beat what I hear from other members all the time.
Old 08-15-2004
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
i got seat problems. you can barely notice the rocking
but they dont bother me.
Old 09-02-2004
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by streetglower
yea me too, but I just turn my music up and forget about it.
Amen bro, our cars are not cadillacs, we are going to have some wind noise, just crank it up
And, I don't have any of these problems...runnin smooth......
Old 09-07-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the seat bullshit
Old 09-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04civicvp is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure what year cars you guys have, byt my 04 VP has had no issues......so far.
Old 09-07-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Only a glove box rattle (fixed) and a slight notchy transmission (fixed with moly lube) so far on my 02 EX. Runs like hot butter now
No other squeaks and rattles yet, but I really don't beat on my car. (much)
Old 09-07-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

DVnAFI is an unknown quantity at this point
I got 99 problems but a Civic aint one. I just had to say it.
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

slvrcivic will become famous soon enoughslvrcivic will become famous soon enough
My dash rattles like a crack ***** hurting for her next fix. It's on 02ex and it's really starting to drive me nuts. I'm about to rip the entire dash apart to find the problem. It only has 26k miles on it too.

Seat problem? Can't you just tighten the mounting bolts? I had my seats out when I did my wiring for my amp and new speakers. I put them back in, and I've never had a problem yet ---- knock on wood.

My front right strut on my car went at like 22k. Honda replaced it for free.

anyone find the cause of the rattles in the dash? Where it is? or what can be done? I honestly can't stand it. I crank my music to drown it out, but that gets old on long road trips. I despise rattles so much. Mine seems to be somewhere above the radio area. Or on the left side of the glovebox.
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
I have a 2001 Sedan . And it has been flawless except for the struts that were replaced cause they were leaking... Other than that I think the car is perfect.

I think most people are complaining and thinking the 7th gen's are so bad is because they are reading a forum full of problems.. go buy a sunfire you will run back to a civic ASAP =P
The following users liked this post:
CivicHybrid03 (07-11-2020)
Old 09-08-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by DVnAFI
I got 99 problems but a Civic aint one. I just had to say it.
haha, nice! can I use that as a quote for my sig?

As for al the dash problems ppl keep having, I just slap the dash whereever it rattles a few times, and it goes away after a few slaps. I'm more concerned about the passenger side power window motor in my sedan.
Old 09-10-2004
Registered!!

habs_hater is an unknown quantity at this point
what's wrong with the passenger side window motor?
Old 09-12-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I'm sure I'm not the only person with the problem, but the window doesnt seem to have enough juice to get the window up. If I have the car on, the window will come up faster compared to having the car off..... but it's still slower than all the other windows in the car.
Old 09-14-2004
CivicMexicano Is My Daddy

el_ben2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
I'm sure I'm not the only person with the problem, but the window doesnt seem to have enough juice to get the window up. If I have the car on, the window will come up faster compared to having the car off..... but it's still slower than all the other windows in the car.
i got same problem.... i think it must be the window motor... gonna check that next week and i say u what it was

and i have another big problem whit my civic..... me.... jejeje need to take extra xtreme drivin' classes
Old 09-14-2004
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Originally Posted by el_ben2
i got same problem.... i think it must be the window motor... gonna check that next week and i say u what it was

and i have another big problem whit my civic..... me.... jejeje need to take extra xtreme drivin' classes

EXTREME driving?? In a CIVIC???? LOL!! Good one!
Old 09-16-2004
CK
Registered!!

CK is an unknown quantity at this point
Spray some silicone lube on the window's rubber lining(rail).
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
just got my 04 LX last week......

already

- viabration/groaning noise from the engine bay at idle sometimes, often when a/c is on
- LOUD high pitched wind noise when either of the windows is more than half way down
- something is messed up with the dome light, makes a buzzing sound and flickers occasionally
- glove box is rattling
- shift boot makes a sqeek sound when i shift

damn and i bought this car because i didnt want any problems with cars!
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
oh and i forgot, there is a whining noise coming from the engine bay that is rpm dependant.............i swear if i had to spend more than 5mins without the stereo i think i would loose it and push the car off a cliff

the dealer is gonna have a HUGE list of items when i bring my car in for its first oil change.......and to think ive only driven 1k kms on the week old car.....
Old 09-21-2004
Registered!!

reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
For me, I don't have the noisy clutch, although where the clutch starts to engage it's set at the old lady softness level by design.

The A/C is actaully pissing me off because when I run it, I feel a rattle, and I know that ain't good at all. Like, at idle, i feel kind of a rhythmic bump from the bay, even though the belts and such are in good shape. anyone else have that problem?

I DO have the seat wobbling on me. Anyone know how to fix it?
Old 09-21-2004
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
I just rode in an '04 vette, and guess what, the seat was wobbly too. They just don't make cars with the integrity that they used to.

My g/f has an '04 EX and two pieces of the interior paneling have fallen off. I mean just came off as she was driving down the road. Sad...
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

Sorry guys got soms hit i had to do ....ok the problems with the 7th gen haha
OK at 50k the engine decided to do the ole wont rev over 3000 thing and wont idle business...honda had the car for 2 months and still to this day dont know how to fix it in mine...anyways new engine comes in....blammo bust it in and nothing happens...same thing as the other engine....catalytic converter is clogged now...so the whole exhaust gets replaced....the tranny slips out of 2nd and 5th and of course the clutch squeaks...the alignment wont stay correct no matter what...the rain gutter rubber thingies are coming off completly...the steering wheel has the rubber stuffs coming off where i hold the wheel (on the top like a pimp LOL ) seat used to move (fixed) both wheel bearings had to be replaced at 30k...front shocks had to be replaced at 20k....bad motor mount....raido goes out whe i turn my vent on.....and all in all i hate this damn car with a passion...as soon as its painted its gone and im going domestic.....oh and by the way the interior plastic pieces al break when you try to take them of so watch out on that too
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

Also the throwout bearing mysteriously decides to grind every now and then but not all the time weird huh
Old 09-23-2004
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by civichxtreme
Sorry guys got soms hit i had to do ....ok the problems with the 7th gen haha
OK at 50k the engine decided to do the ole wont rev over 3000 thing and wont idle business...honda had the car for 2 months and still to this day dont know how to fix it in mine...anyways new engine comes in....blammo bust it in and nothing happens...same thing as the other engine....catalytic converter is clogged now...so the whole exhaust gets replaced....the tranny slips out of 2nd and 5th and of course the clutch squeaks...the alignment wont stay correct no matter what...the rain gutter rubber thingies are coming off completly...the steering wheel has the rubber stuffs coming off where i hold the wheel (on the top like a pimp LOL ) seat used to move (fixed) both wheel bearings had to be replaced at 30k...front shocks had to be replaced at 20k....bad motor mount....raido goes out whe i turn my vent on.....and all in all i hate this damn car with a passion...as soon as its painted its gone and im going domestic.....oh and by the way the interior plastic pieces al break when you try to take them of so watch out on that too
That's alot of crap to go wrong... I personally am looking into getting an older civic. I trust those more than my own 7thgen Then as soon as my g/f's lease is up we're going for a Volvo for her (assuming Ford doesn't screw with them that much). We both (my g/f and I) have had to many problems with our 7th gens to get anouther.
Old 09-25-2004
Registered!!

AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
^^^ me too ... When lease is up getting either a older honda that was made better or go nissan or toyota =) Like a 97 Nissan 240sx turned Silvia =P
Old 09-25-2004
Registered!!

king of 42o is an unknown quantity at this point
got 4 out of 5 of the problems, one question tho, has anyone else had a sh**y 3rd gear synchro ring?

Quick Reply: 7th gen civics and their common problems...