Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Got an axle prob and need answers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joedc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got an axle prob and need answers

I have the JDM DC5 RSX type R motor which comes with a LSD one way . I was driving up the hill and I shifted from 1st to second with force then I heard a big bang and right there I knew it was the driver side axle. Here is the problem the axle snapped flush with the tranny so there is nothing to grab on to pull the rest of the axle out!! I have a new axle today coming tn and I have airtools so I can do it my self. My real question I know I have to take out the passenger side axle so I can put something through the tranny and tap the rest of the axle from the driver side out but I know there is that pin that is there and I knock that out I will drop all the gears so how can I get around this pin?? Does anyone know anything about this. I have a giant 31inch prybar from sears will that work??
Old 01-03-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Well, if you are afraid to push it through the other side, drill a hole in the shaft, thread something into it to pull, and yank it out. Tedious, but safe.
I'd still look at tapping it out from the other side, though.
Old 01-03-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
dam, on a k20, u bastard... anyways what kinda axels are they, si or some k20a ones?

i would first see if you could pry it out first with the crow bar if that doesn't work try to yank it out, that should work.

i think you should really invest in some good upgraded axels... and if they say good up to 300 hp and they break again, you would get some new axles....
Old 01-03-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
If no part of the inner joint is remaing other then the stub stuck in the trans i would try with pulling opisite side axle out and using a small puch to drive axle out. It should be possible as i recall