Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Veering Left on Freeway??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003
Since 1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HYPR DRV will become famous soon enough
Veering Left on Freeway??

I think this might have started when I got my tires rotated awhile back, but it only happens when I'm on the freeway. At high speeds, the car wants to steer left and it pulls pretty good. Had an alignment not too long ago, but wonder if I should get another one. It drives fine on regular streets, but not freeways. Any ideas?????
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I had this same problem before on my truck. It would drive fine at slower speeds but at higher speeds it would pull to the right side. One day as I was replacing my front brakes I noticed that the tire had a big bulge on top of the tread about 1/4" high, 5" long and 2" wide. I had the tire replaced and it drove fine. I was told that the steel belts inside the tire tread had broke causing the bulge, which was only noticable at high speeds.

Maybe rotate your tires front to back on the same side and see what happens. While your at it make sure you dont see any bulges(bubbles).
Old 12-03-2003
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
One way to confirm it's a tire issue is to rotate the front tires from one side to the other. If it starts pulling the other way then most likely its the tire causing the issue. If it still continues to pull take the car to a good wheel alignment shop. Make sure to check your air pressure first
Old 12-03-2003
Since 1977

HYPR DRV will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I think I'll just have my tires rotated again when I switch my wheels back to my steelies for winter. I just want to make sure I nail the problem down the first time rather than trying a whole bunch of crap that doesn't solve anything. Story of my life. Hee hee! Thanx guys!