Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

front end alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
front end alignment

ok so i had a little run in with a curb today. Messed up the alignment pretty bad. I have to turn the steering a little to the left to keep the car straight and it shakes after 60mph. I was just wondering how much it would be to get fixed and if warranty covers it (even tho im sure it doesnt) Car is totally stock if anyone is wondering. Thanks inadvance
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

thirdhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
check your owner's manual: you get one free alignment in the first 12 mos/12000 miles.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by thirdhonda
check your owner's manual: you get one free alignment in the first 12 mos/12000 miles.
umm... not sure where you read this, but that's written no where in my manual. If the dealer knows that you've "curbed" your wheels, that won't be covered under warranty.

My dealer charges around $90 for an alignment. You can find it much cheaper at other shops, but first make sure the shop has the right alignment specs for our cars (they usually do).

Check with the dealer first, and if they won't do it for free, then you might want to take it to another shop to save some dough.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

jedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup !!
Just go back to your dealer and say " I was driving the other day and just noticed that the car "pulls and shakes" , would you please check it out for me?
I don`t know what happened it was "OK" a few days ago.
If still covered by warranty you might be all set , unless they can tell that you did damage to the underside. I nothing is visable , it should be fixed.
If they see scraches and bent metal they may ask , but I would try the aformentioned first !!
Best of luck !!

jedi
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
all the dealer can say is no and if you have to do an alignment it is not that expensive everywhere except the dealer
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
the hubcap is kinda messed up but thats really the only damage.....thinking about just taking them all off when I go to the dealer
Old 08-01-2003
Registered!!

Amplify is an unknown quantity at this point
I wasn't aware alignment was covered under warranty, whether your car is still stock or not. *shrugs*

I guess ask anyways. Or else, take it to NTB.
Old 08-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Amplify
I wasn't aware alignment was covered under warranty, whether your car is still stock or not. *shrugs*

I guess ask anyways. Or else, take it to NTB.
Normally, it is NOT covered under warranty. This is what is considered a "wear" item.

Some dealers will do if for free as a goodwill gesture especially if your car is still fairly new, but they are not obliged to.

But like I said above, if they see that you've curbed your rims, then they'll likely not give you a free alignment ... but it never hurts to ask first.

And as for Thirdhonda who mentioned that our manual states that everybody gets a free alignment during the 1st year ... I've never heard or read this before.
Old 08-02-2003
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
wow, i have the same problem...my steering pulls to the left a bit and the steering shakes after 60mph...if you figure out how to fix it, let me know..
Old 08-03-2003
Registered!!

Could be wheel/tire balancing issue. Does the steering shake only at a specific speed interval (i.e., only between 60 - 75 mph for example) ?

If yes, get your front tires rebalanced and see if that fixes anything.