Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2 pipes on the back...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
2 pipes on the back...

alright- here's the thing- i want "2 pipes" on the back, instead of just one like they all have... I have seen many of them on cardomain.com and even one riding around where i live (its an older model though). anyway, when i went get my exhaust put on a while back, I asked the welding guy, who is very respectable around the city for his work, anyway, he said that he could do it, BUT there is a chance it would melt the gas line, because the other pipe would be close to it... but i know its possible w/out causing problems, because all those other people have it on cardomain.com... does anyone know if he's is right/wrong, and what he can do to not come close to melting the gas line?? i really love the way the pipes look on each side, rather than just on one. thanks for any help...
Old 07-07-2003
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dual Exhaust*

im not sure if what he is saying is correct, (i know nothing about it) but try to go to another shop and see what they say about it...
Old 07-07-2003
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
yes there is a chance of melting the fuel line or over heating the gas tank. IMO, the only thing that adding dual exhaust does it make a 4 banger look faster than it actually is. If I am correct I believe you will lose either tq or hp(not sure which). Keep it with the single exhaust. Plus it will have to hang lower or you will have to have your bumper cut out so that it will clear the bumper.
Old 07-07-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Master
yes there is a chance of melting the fuel line or over heating the gas tank. IMO, the only thing that adding dual exhaust does it make a 4 banger look faster than it actually is. If I am correct I believe you will lose either tq or hp(not sure which). Keep it with the single exhaust. Plus it will have to hang lower or you will have to have your bumper cut out so that it will clear the bumper.
You're correct in every respect.
You will lose power, you can melt the fuel line, and you will have to make another cut out of the bumper. Only way to spare some of the power loss is to reduce the piping diameter after you split it, but its still dumb to split the exhaust on an inline engine. Yes, they did it on the S2000, but there are single conversions available for it... You will notice Supras and Skylines... even with huge turbos... are running single exhausts off of inline engines. Dual pipes are for looks only, unless you've got dual pipes running all the way back from the headers, which very few cars do.
Old 07-07-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hardly seems worth it. Not only will it rob you of power and torque and mess up your fuel system, dual exhausts simply don't belong on a car with a 4-cylinder SOHC pumping out a measly 127 hp (or even less if you don't have the EX).
Old 07-08-2003
Registered!!

kalipnoi can only hope to improve
just pop on another camel-back exhaust back there and have them weld it up there without connecting it to the main pipe. it sounds generic but i've seen it done(and it doens't look any different) and you won't have to worry about losing any power. just make sure your car is lowered so no one notices that its just there hanging by itself but i'm pretty sure if you get a camel-back it will give it the illusion that it is hooked up, AND IT LOOKS THE SAME AS IF YOU DID HOOK IT UP. i would do it if i had the same desire as you, nothings wrong with it. at least i don't think so. lol [sings] 'you know you ghetto!'

oh, and besides! how many people really run up to your car and look under it just to see your exhaust? and you're doing it all for looks anyway right?

Last edited by kalipnoi; 07-08-2003 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2003
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
alrighty- i wont be doing it... i just figured it wasnt that big of a deal because SO many civics had it on cardomain.com. no biggie thought- not worth the trouble. thanks..
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

BatMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey if your worried about loosing torque because of having dual exhaust... then just get a NON functional echaust... its basicly your working exhaust on one side.. and a NON working one that juss sits there looking good...
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gofast/civ202drraz.html
look on that page on Dual Exhaust Ext. Kit
ONLY 70 bux.. pretty cheep..