Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

2012 LX Manual - Stutter under acceleration

Old 03-18-2019
Registered!!

mooseheads36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2012 LX Manual - Stutter under acceleration

I have a 2012 LX Sedan, manual transmission I thought the clutch was going but now I'm not sure what it is.

Symptoms:
1. If I let out the clutch in 1st then go full acceleration it'll stutter when it's almost to the floor, this occurs so bad that the whole car bucks badly. Worst part is, sometimes if you forget or if my wife is driving, you'll jump out into traffic, it'll buck so bad and you just can't get up to speed, you have to hit the clutch again, rev it a bit and go again.
2. On a steep hill from a dead stop try to get going, it'll shudder really bad almost like a jack hammer (on a smaller scale of course)

The clutch still starts to grab when the pedal is half way out, doesn't slip, nothing squeaking or squealing. I was just about to order a new clutch, now I'm wondering if that's even the problem.

Thoughts?
Old 03-18-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 LX Manual - Stutter under acceleration

go full acceleration it'll stutter
Check engine light on? Check engine light flashing? Fault codes? Misfire codes?
Old 03-19-2019
Registered!!

mooseheads36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Check engine light on? Check engine light flashing? Fault codes? Misfire codes?
Nothing, that's what's got me confused.

Sometimes even on the highway i've tested it, going along in 5th gear and slowly push it to the floor, right around 80-90% throttle it'll stutter, not shifting gears, nothing, just accelerating. It comes right back but with the stutter comes the bucking so you have to back off and then get back into it again.

I noticed this morning on my way to work that if I keep the revs higher it doesn't chatter as much (from a stop light for instance) but if I keep the revs lower when letting the clutch out it tends to chatter more. Now in the past I've had to rev higher (sitting on a steep hill) and it chattered to the point that it chirped the tires.
Old 03-19-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

There's a rubber tube between the air filter box and throttle body. See if that has split open