Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Coolant leak!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wovenwarrior28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Coolant leak!!

Hey all!
I have a coolant leak shown here in my 06 civic. Not long ago I took off the engine coolant outlet flange and cleaned up and put sealant on either side of the gasket. However, the flange itself has a hairline crack in it on the inside towards the outlet port. Would the crack be causing the leak? I’ve ordered a new flange but I need this car for work on the daily. Has anyone else had a leak right there? What turned out to be the issue?

Thanks! (Spot is on the left side of the air box.)

Old 12-31-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Coolant leak!!

see if you don't have this issue. That section collects the cracked block issue in the R18 engines. Also, Google R18 cracked block, choose images to see examples of cracks

I am not saying you have it, I am saying to check for them.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...locations.html
Old 12-31-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wovenwarrior28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coolant leak!!

I’ll get my mechanic to check but the leak appears on the side as opposed to the front or back of the block where the cracks tend to appear. To add more context it’s an 06 ex with 351,000 km. Aside from this leak it runs like a tap.