Cleaning interior - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2003   #1
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Cleaning interior

What do you guys use to clean the interior cause whe ni use a towel and water it leaves like towel lint all over??
doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003   #2

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
One word Doc...MICROFIBER
FALKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003   #3
Registered!!

Pinoy3LeR is an unknown quantity at this point
that should work
Pinoy3LeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003   #4
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
meguiars all natual. i have a technique that bring out the interior real nice. otherwise yeah wipe away with some microfiber cloths. i dont know if you should dampen the cloths though
AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003   #5
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I use this stuff by Blue Coral that is pretty cheap if I remember correctly. You just spray it on the spot and let it sit for a minute it or so. Then, you just dab the spot and soak the cleaner up. I use a terry towel but don't really have any lint problems. After you wash them about 5 times the lint, at least the big pieces, seem to go away.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003   #6
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Ok guys how do I go about removing interior scratches? Like on the bottom of the doors and the center console?
doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003   #7
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
If they arent deep scratches, and they are just shoe scuffs...you can use any type of polishing compound. I use 3m rubbing compound. I know it sounds crazy but we used to do it all the time at the car dealer I worked for. It works great. Just remember to dress the plastic after you wipe off the compound....because it may dull the color
civicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003   #8
Registered!!

diegoblu is an unknown quantity at this point

dude,i took my baby blu to the washand those fools used some sh*t that like,messed up the paint around the window switches and other small areas w/ that metallic paint-damn-it loks like gooey gum or some ****?i dunno-t wont come off
diegoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003   #9
Registered!!

BlkCivicAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: diegoblu
dude,i took my baby blu to the washand those fools used some sh*t that like,messed up the paint around the window switches and other small areas w/ that metallic paint-damn-it loks like gooey gum or some ****?i dunno-t wont come off[hr]
Rule of thumb - if you care about your car - car washes are very bad - leaves tons of scratches from going through those machines and they dont care too much on what they do or dont scratch
BlkCivicAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003   #10
Registered!!

sg2kca is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: BlkCivicAngel
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: diegoblu
dude,i took my baby blu to the washand those fools used some sh*t that like,messed up the paint around the window switches and other small areas w/ that metallic paint-damn-it loks like gooey gum or some ****?i dunno-t wont come off[hr]
Rule of thumb - if you care about your car - car washes are very bad - leaves tons of scratches from going through those machines and they dont care too much on what they do or dont scratch[hr]
They have those new car washes where nothing touches your car. High powered jets and stuff. I've been going there all winter.
sg2kca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003   #11
Registered!!

noahnoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda makes some cleaner that you can get from the dealership or at a Honda motorcycle dealership. It comes in a black and sort of pink can. It works great!! I use it for dang near everything. Panels and shoe scuffs comes right off. The dash cleans right up. Glass? Cleans right up. Wheels, dirt and grime? Cleans right up. I wash my civic about 2-3 times a weeka and I use it for virtually everything!! Its good stuff!! The only drawback to this stuff is that for the best results you need 2 rags if you are using it on your paint or shiny surfaces. It is somewhat greasy the first application when you r removing dirt and grime. But when u use that second rag to shine it up.......BLAM!!!
noahnoah is offline   Reply With Quote