Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Cleaning interior (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/71049-cleaning-interior.html)

doctor 01-09-2003 11:03 PM

Cleaning interior

What do you guys use to clean the interior cause whe ni use a towel and water it leaves like towel lint all over??

FALKEN 01-10-2003 08:53 AM

One word Doc...MICROFIBER :)

Pinoy3LeR 01-10-2003 09:46 AM

that should work:tup::tup:

AR 01-11-2003 09:36 PM

meguiars all natual. i have a technique that bring out the interior real nice. otherwise yeah wipe away with some microfiber cloths. i dont know if you should dampen the cloths though

Mbow 01-14-2003 07:53 PM

I use this stuff by Blue Coral that is pretty cheap if I remember correctly. You just spray it on the spot and let it sit for a minute it or so. Then, you just dab the spot and soak the cleaner up. I use a terry towel but don't really have any lint problems. After you wash them about 5 times the lint, at least the big pieces, seem to go away.

doctor 01-23-2003 10:49 PM

Ok guys how do I go about removing interior scratches? Like on the bottom of the doors and the center console?

civicdude 01-24-2003 10:54 AM

If they arent deep scratches, and they are just shoe scuffs...you can use any type of polishing compound. I use 3m rubbing compound. I know it sounds crazy but we used to do it all the time at the car dealer I worked for. It works great. Just remember to dress the plastic after you wipe off the compound....because it may dull the color

diegoblu 01-27-2003 02:33 AM

dude,i took my baby blu to the washand those fools used some sh*t that like,messed up the paint around the window switches and other small areas w/ that metallic paint-damn-it loks like gooey gum or some shit?i dunno-t wont come off:cry:

BlkCivicAngel 01-28-2003 05:39 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: diegoblu
dude,i took my baby blu to the washand those fools used some sh*t that like,messed up the paint around the window switches and other small areas w/ that metallic paint-damn-it loks like gooey gum or some shit?i dunno-t wont come off:cry:[hr]
Rule of thumb - if you care about your car - car washes are very bad - leaves tons of scratches from going through those machines and they dont care too much on what they do or dont scratch

sg2kca 01-28-2003 08:47 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: BlkCivicAngel

[hr]Originally posted by: diegoblu
dude,i took my baby blu to the washand those fools used some sh*t that like,messed up the paint around the window switches and other small areas w/ that metallic paint-damn-it loks like gooey gum or some shit?i dunno-t wont come off:cry:[hr]
Rule of thumb - if you care about your car - car washes are very bad - leaves tons of scratches from going through those machines and they dont care too much on what they do or dont scratch[hr]
They have those new car washes where nothing touches your car. High powered jets and stuff. I've been going there all winter.

noahnoah 02-04-2003 10:56 PM

Honda makes some cleaner that you can get from the dealership or at a Honda motorcycle dealership. It comes in a black and sort of pink can. It works great!! I use it for dang near everything. Panels and shoe scuffs comes right off. The dash cleans right up. Glass? Cleans right up. Wheels, dirt and grime? Cleans right up. I wash my civic about 2-3 times a weeka and I use it for virtually everything!! Its good stuff!! The only drawback to this stuff is that for the best results you need 2 rags if you are using it on your paint or shiny surfaces. It is somewhat greasy the first application when you r removing dirt and grime. But when u use that second rag to shine it up.......BLAM!!!