Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

what would you do if this was your car

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tummyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
what would you do if this was your car

So I am at work yesterday and luch time rolls around for my one of my homies at work. and I get a call on my phone and he is all get out to your car NOW!! I go out there and here the wonderful place I work for turned on there sprinkler system and it was spraying all over my baby that I just washed the night before. The best part was that my windows were down and my interior was soaked. really soaked Now the crappy thing is this is the second time this has happend and its really hard water so Ihave water spots on my car. I got it off the paint but the mirrors and the molding strips on the roof of the car where it is black are all spotted up and it wont come off . I was so pissed I was going to walk out and never come back .

What would you guys do???
Old 07-06-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Call the manager for the maintenance people and have the company pay for repairs/cleaning. Shouldve done it the first time it happened.

-Kre
Old 07-06-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
All you need to do is invest in the clay bar system. Do a search, there has been many things posted about how to use clay. I dont think that you will get any money from the management of the place you were at. You were parked on their property but they didnt damage your car in any way. Yes they gave you water spots but its not like you cant remove them....
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
i would get a claybar like civicdude said and get rid of them waterspots. and id get a blowdryer to evaporate that water on the inside. and then id go and break the sprinkler that got the car all wet. or id just park somewhere else.
Old 07-07-2002
Registered!!

well I tried the clay bar red and blue but the mirrors are not painted on my car. it lightened the spots but not enough for me not to notice them. I was thinking about wax but I am not sure. how that would work . I even used a strong cleaner on them and it didnt do much

Break the sprinkler ?? hell yeah now thats a good idea [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-07-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
I would just keep waxing the spots till they come out, it may mean several coats of wax, but it may work, doesn't hurt to try it! Then, I would basically walk into the maintenance mgr's office, give him a nice boot top the skull then leave like nothing happened....of course we all enjoy our freedom, so maybe you should just stick to waxing it and skip the booting part...

2Hottie
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

well Ispent a ltittle timeon it today. and I am pissed cause its not working I am going to try some cleaner wax on it .

and 2 hottie I like your idea about kicking the maintanice guy upside the head . damn that would be fun . maybe then he would have an iq over 70 [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

toastyghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm sure there's many suggestions about the sprinklers...

but in response to water spots on the rubber and plastic..try mother's back to black...i've been using it for awhile and it works great for cleaning and shining and restoring the color to those pieces...and regardless of the name..it does state it works on any colour =o)

Old 07-08-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
The clay bar should of worked on the paint. The blue bar i am referring too. You have to use a little pressure on the bar. Wax wont do a thing.....doesnt matter how many times you wax the car. You may have to bring the car to a detailer to have them machine polish it or if that doesnt work then it would have to be wet sanded. I have a product at my house that would remove it but im not sure where you would be able to buy it...I believe that Malco makes it and it is called Tru Grit. It is an aluminum chip based compound that is safe on all paint inlcudint clearcoat. I have used it on many newer cars including Audis and Bimmers....
Heres a link to the product...It can be applied by hand too.
TruGrit
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

CivicLX620 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would be a little bit mor worried about the interior. If you dont get all the water out it is going to smell really musty in there. And believe me... you wont be able to change that.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

well the interior was a different story I acutally pulled the seats out of the car and used an extractor on them to get the most out then sprayed the seats with enzyme then let them sit not in the sun but in area where the wind was blowing on them for about 4 hours then put them back in and sprayed a fragerance on them so far so good

I hear you man when seats get wet and you dont take care of it , the car smells like a locker room YUCK
Old 07-21-2002
The Righteous

RBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
You mos def need to ask management and or maintenance to fix the problem immediately!!! It needs to spray the lawn, not the parking lot! Can you park somewhere else where this problem won't happen again? It is sure worth a shot to ask management to pay for damages for you have the right to park in their lot and have your windows down, it is their responsibility to make sure the sprinklers are watering what they are supposed to be watering! They might not pay for it but it doesn't hurt to ask for they are at fault! GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 08-01-2002
Registered!!

RevHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had some problems getting water spots out too, but it seems waxing, waxing, and more waxing has done the trick. My only problem left is these damned specks of dirt that won't come out on my trunk lid. As for your interior, get it professionally cleaned, otherwise it will stink for sure. Were your windows all the way down? That's kinda crazy, I won't even park with my sunroof tilted open. Anyway, everything should be back to normal in the end, after a lil time and money