Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Comparison of Dashboard & Vinyl Protectants

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
erikku is an unknown quantity at this point
Comparison of Dashboard & Vinyl Protectants

My friend and I have tried some vinyl protectants, and here's a little report for those of u who are interested:

1. 303 Aerospace Protectant (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Pros: The level of shinny is just enought to renew your dashboard; no smell; very long lasting; can repel dust in some extent; they claimed they are scientific proven strongest UV protectant in the market
Cons: Relative expensive; can only be found online

2. Lexol Vinnylex
Pros: the level of shinny is slighly beyond nature, but still acceptable; can renew dashboard; no smell; big brand name; can be found in Pepboy or any big auto acc. stores easily
Cons: Relative expensive

3. Black Magic Low Gross Protectant
Pros: Not shinny at all, recommend to ppl who prefer the nature look; leave a lemon scent (not too long); very cheap
Cons: Cannot renew dashboard; althought they claim they are a very effective UV protectant, it seems not; can't really repel dust; it looks more like pure water than protectant

4. "Klesse" Germany Vinyl Protectant
Pros: Very long lasting; made in germany
Cons: SUPER expensive; quite hard to find; although they claimed low gross, it is almost as shine as Amorall; can renew dashboard but the result look unnatural due to too shinny; VERY BAD SMELL

I haven't border to try Amorall and Turtle Wax as I know they are too SHINNY which I really hate....and I heard they contain ingredients that is harmful to the vinyl too...

All products I mentioned above can be found at www.autobarn.com or any online auto detailing prodcuts store!
Old 06-17-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Thanks for this post. Alot of people are always looking to try new products on ther interiors. I use and Like using the VinylX. I think it works the best, and I dont care about the price. I think I paid $7 for the spray that I bought.
Old 06-19-2002

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
How about the Meguires stuff vs those? Any other good ones we should try?

Like you, I don't like the super shiney effect that ArmorAll gives, nor the greasy film it leaves on everything. I want the protection and cleaning part more than anything else.
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I use turtlewax, and yes, it leaves it shiny and greasy.. but I like it that way
Old 06-28-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I use the lexol and find it to work ok. Seems to last quite a while but rubs off easily. It also seems to attract dust like bees to honey. I used to use the meguiars but didn't like it because it produced no shine or any visible sign that it had been applied really. Made me feel like it wasn't working. Everything always stayed looking good though. My all time favorite was the armorall low gloss with static something...It looked great w/o a huge shine and really seemed to keep the dust and stuff away for a week or two. I haven't see it in the stores in a long time. I don't know if they quit making it or some of the stores stopped carrying it.
Old 06-29-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
i just recently tried a product called duragloss leather/vinyl protectant. it works well, but is very shiny, and it has a deodorizer in it as well, smells just like the deodorizer resist-all, that kind of light peppermint smell. it was 7 bucks a bottle though, thats the bad part.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

Chuck94527 is an unknown quantity at this point
I use formula 2001 for my interior. It leaves a nice new car looking shine.
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Mekenna is an unknown quantity at this point
I love using the 303.. and it is in auto stores, at least around here. I've never had to go online to purchase it. It's everything erikku said it was. Plus it helped clean the vinyl so that the white haze stopped forming on my windows so much.