Used Meguiar's 3 Step and Here's Are My Comments. - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2002   #1  
Registered!!

PrYnCeQT is an unknown quantity at this point
Used Meguiar's 3 Step and Here's Are My Comments.

man this thing takes a long time to do all steps. took me about 3hrs to do a wash and 2 steps then it got too dark to do step 3. Anyways, when using step 1 i don't see what its doing, just goes on and goes off, not much shine or made it cleaner at all. i don't know how long i was suppose to keep it on but after doing step 1 i went to eat dinner, came back and started whiping it off but it was greasy. step 2 was almost the same but gave a little shine, also don't see what it did. How much should i use? i put about a blob about the size of a nickel or more for every foot square, is that too much or little? why does it go on so wet? i thought it goes on thicker, my little terry cloth hand puff gets soaked after a couple blobs. how long do i buff it in small sectors? Thanks, peace.
PrYnCeQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002   #2  
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
fraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002   #3  
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
ive come to the conclusion that there are better products out there to maximize your time as the meguiars three step is too tedious and that wax does not last long. if you want protection, nu finish. if you want shine, go with a paste wax. no more liquid stuff for me unless its a glaze.
neoretromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002   #4  
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
It will be greasy after the first step....and a lil more greasy after the second step...you shouldn't like put a deluge of wax on the applicator, maybe squirt some wax teh size of a quarter on your applicator, that should do it...what I found out yesterday is that the longer you leave the coat of wax on (I use Gold Class wax), the shinier it gets! Just don't leave it on for longer than an hour...

2Hottie
2Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002   #5  
Registered!!

Soulphire is an unknown quantity at this point
I have found that meguires Gold Class works very well. It is kinda hard to get off though. The shine at the end makes it all worth it. It really brings out the deep color of the paint.
Soulphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002   #6  
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
Gold class all the way! I sometimes do the cleaner wax first, then the gold class...the car is so smooth afterwards, I can't even attempt to sit on it...

T-X
TwilightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002   #7  
Registered!!

darkside420 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have used the three step and it seems work great, if left on for about 20 minutes!!!! But as the others it takes way to long. I Recently started using gold class from meguairs and just a cleaner on the front bumper.. The results seem to be great and I love the shine!

[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
l8r
darkside420
darkside420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002   #8  
Registered!!

civicdeveloper is an unknown quantity at this point
This three step? Is it marketed that way?
civicdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002   #9  
Registered!!

DrJEKYLL007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah man, it is sometimes called the CRYSTAL system, 1, 2, and 3. Good stuff but VERY time consuming.
DrJEKYLL007 is offline   Reply With Quote