Scratched my rear bumper!!! - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2002   #1  
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Scratched my rear bumper!!!

The other day, after buying some stuff, I was backing up and low and behold there was a little set of bushes behind the car that I really did'nt see. When I heard the car smash into the branches, I slammed on the brakes. Oh ****, what have I done. I got out and saw minor hairline scratches and thought, eh. When I got home, I saw that there were two deep scratches on the bumper. Not long, but like a half inch long and kinda deep. I put polish on them, and WOW, the thin ones dissappeared. The others seemed to vanish as well. Now, is there anything else I can do to make them disappear. You really don't notice unless your right up on them. And yes, I did a search.
fraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002   #2  
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
fraga,
I know this might sound shady, but try using that turtle wax stuff. It is the bottle of black wax that comes with the "lipstick" stuff. I tried the red stuff on my old truck and it worked ok, but it seems to me that the black would work better!
CIVICMAN67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002   #3  
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like a plan. Thanks.
fraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002   #4  
Registered!!

Zaskar2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fraga; if you really care, go to a place like dent wizard; i went there for a lil scratch on the bumper and he sanded it down and filled it with the honda touch up paint....i think he also sanded it a lil.. he got it to look perfect ....35 dollars[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Zaskar2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote