Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

removing primer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vicci4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
removing primer

Alright peeps, hows it going? not too great for me, about 6 months ago someone tried to jack my car, they ruined the passenger door but didn't get in. So, I took it to this place to have it fixed, the messed up the paint job, brought it back- said, do it right- used the wrong color this time, brought it back again and its still messed up, but anyhow, this last time they left paint primer and the passenger side exterior door handle! I was pissed, but I know I'm not going to bring it back there, it was a horrible experience. Is there anyway I can get that primer off the handle, or how to repaint it or something? thanks guys-
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

pr0ph37 is an unknown quantity at this point
is it just the handel? if so try taking the door handel off(not shure how but im shure thers a post or some one knows) then you can take that back and be like you guys are idiots paint my handel. if you want to sand i posted a topick asking about that in the teck forms yesterday. IamLoki said

<< Use a block sander or a dual action sander and 320 grit. follow up eith 400 by hand. >>

however this is for a 69 mustang all heavey sheet meadle. if you want to see the post just search 'sanding' hop that helps
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

darkside420 is an unknown quantity at this point
my suggestion would be to use rubbing compound or clay bar wax.. That stuff takes paint and other crap off your car. Clay bar worked great on my work van it took a black mirror mark that was about 2" high and 3ft long on white van. The mirror left like a rubber/paint material behind that wouldn't wash off! U Could try like a wet sand with 3000 paper too but be care with sandpaper!!

l8r
darkside
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't want to put wax on it cause that will just add a layer of protectant on it, will do nothing for removing the stuff. As for the clay bar you could try it, but it probably won't do much. My best advice is to go back and make them do it right, if not then take this matter up with your insurance company so they have to deal with the problem. As long as this matter was taken up with your insurance company, its partially their job to help you out, make em do their work. If you take off your door handle more things could go wrong. Good luck
Old 05-23-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Try the clay bar, it should work. If not try a solvent like Aftaline. You can buy it at homedepot.