Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

2 things

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
2 things

I just want to make sure: first polish, then wax?

the other thing is, after reading the full detail it did not mention how long I am supposed to leave the polish on or leave the wax on before I remove it. i have a black 4dr and have been using the turtle wax (by hand w/ applicator pad) but after i try and remove the wax it leaves those nasty marks (vertical, not swirl, due to my wiping direction). any input would be appreciated [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-25-2002
Registered!!

2002nighthawk is an unknown quantity at this point
just a suggestion I always use only a polish. There is this kick a** polish that is easy and gives you the wettest look out there! Kicka** Polish! it is a two step polish system and then you can buy the carwash soap from them and not have to reapply the polish for 6months to a Year but the more coats of polish the better or dare I say wetter it gets!

email me with questions
p_kerlin@hotmail.com
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't want to leave the wax or polish on too long otherwise it can affect you paint. I suggest after you have finished one section of your car, do another, then remove the wax/polish off of your first section. You will see a hazing occur, then remove the wax/polish residue. You don't need to use a lot of wax or polish. Two thin coats are better than one large clumpy layer. As far as removing the wax, use a thick cotton cloth or one of those micro-fiber cloths. Make sure to shake it out and keep switching sides of the cloths. This way the wax residue will come off much easier, making a big difference in look. I also have a black car, the best direction I have found it the natural direction. This means use pretty much strait lines not big circles when removing the wax/polish. This way you shouldn't get those swirl marks.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
wipe hood, bumper, roof, and trunk in horizontal motion, wipe doors and other vertical surfaces in vertical motion, the reflection will show for itself.
Old 03-30-2002
Registered!!

jsmove is an unknown quantity at this point
Get yourslef some zymol put it on let it dry for 10mins. After take it off with a buffer they are $20.00 at walmart. It will give you a kick a** shine