Trunk Liner - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2006   #1
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
Trunk Liner

Had something spill in my trunk ( nothing major ) but I wanted to wash the liner in there ! Would it be ok to put it in the washing machine or not ?
Canadian Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
im going to go w/no on this one, take it out and use a good carpet cleaner on it, or if you have a carpet cleaning machine ( basically a wet dry vac ) use it, or use both.
hwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Yeah don't put it in the washer, unless you want to buy a new carpet and washer. It will just tear up everything. Like he said, just get a good cleaner and deodorizer and clean it up.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #4
Registered!!

Pattycakes is an unknown quantity at this point
I like using 'Folex' for cleaning my carpets from stuff like salt in the carpet from the winter,
it's organic, I haven't seen any color fading or carpet defects/wearing using it,
Actually I think I've only used it for salt removal so far....
Pattycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #5
Registered!!

edtech is an unknown quantity at this point
carpet

If you are just talking about the carpet on the floor of the trunk you can just pull it out and use a pressure washer on it. I just go to the carwash and pressure wash my floormats and stuff, they get nice and clean, then I hang them to dry over my tub, or outside if it is nice.
edtech is offline   Reply With Quote