Some Fu*ker at my school slamed his door into my civic! - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2002   #1  
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Some Fu*ker at my school slamed his door into my civic!

So yeah some stupid Fu*ker at my school slamed his door into my 2k2 satin metallic silver sedan. But i have no idea who the F*ck did it so yeah!!.
Now theres a big deep red scratch on the side of the car and i have tried everything to get it off and it wont cut off.
So can i get some help on how i can remove this crap from my car?!I get pissed off everytime i see the scratch!! plz someone help me

Fukin HAterz! @ my school
01SOHCcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002   #2  
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, if it didn't hit the bare metal, you can probably polish it out. Polish will get rid of the red paint. Is bare metal exposed or does it look like it is mainly confined to the clear coat?
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002   #3  
Registered!!

They hit the bare metal[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
So now what do i do
Old 03-15-2002   #4  
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
You could look into almost exactly what I'm looking into right now...

Someone nastied up my rear bumper and I called my insurance place (ICBC) and I have a damned $500 collision deductable... If i did send it thru insurance it wouldn't cause my rates to go up because it was what is known as "hit n run" to which all insurance companies have a special fund for such things... Anyways, thats my insurance company, they're all different... and your deductable might be different aswell.

On with my point - what I'm getting at here is that if you get the side of your car repainted, all you'd have to pay is the deductable on your insurance 'coz it was hit n run. but your deductable might be too high to even bother with (as mine is).

Other than that, if they did gouge right down to the metal, sound like your only option is either touch up paint or repainting the entire panel... or find the **** who hit your car and make him (or her) pay up.

For future reference, though... you might want to do what many people do on this site - park in the very back end of the parking lot... its a long walk but your car will look better in a year or two.
brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002   #5  
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Either that or park in a spot that has a barrier on one side and park as close to the barrier as possible.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002   #6  
Registered!!

DarkCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Call a local dent removal service in your area. They have high-tech ways of fixing it, and it should only be $40-$80 depending on how bad it is. If you lost paint then your kinda screwed, unless you want to pay to have the whole door repainted. You can get his paint off your car thought with some rubbing compound- just be sure to wax afterwards.
DarkCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002   #7  
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
OUCH that sucks man, I am always parking away from anyone and sort of park near the meridian of any parking lot you can park closer to the edge and you will be amazed how much room you will have not to get dinged. But some people just can't park right. Like out of the whole parking lot they park by your ride I hate those people LOL. Just curious do you have body side moldings? I have them on my car and have protected me numerous time when I lived my Apartments and the stupid lady next to me in her jeep would door me no matter how far I parked near the pole in my parking spot. The moldings match the color of your car nicely, worth the money versus not having anything and always at the body shop. It sucks sometimes that we can't always get the best parking spots

Nick
NickDaMans02Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002   #8  
Registered!!

Yeah i got the silver side mouldings that match the paint color
and the door slamed in the right bottom bumper side.Hm i would have to say the spot 5 inches or so from the back right tire and thats where it hit D*mn the mouldings couldent protect it this time..
which really sucked
i think those stupid morons did it on purpose though!if there is a car right beside you arent u supposed to be careful and get out?
not slam the fu*kin door open as hard as u can
Old 03-16-2002   #9  
Registered!!

FURY is an unknown quantity at this point
do you know who did it? get their careless *** to pay for it.
FURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002   #10  
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're in the Vancouver region, there's a place call Color Works. They do spot touch ups for dealerships and also will
do your car if you have been referenced. I had my front and back bumpers scratched, revealing the black behind the paint.
I called them up and talked to this one guy and said iwas refered to by a friend and he called one of his vans out, and Randy
came to my work place, buffed the scratches smooth and then did a perfect paint job. Since they're doing dealerships, they
have the exact color match and tint. They did two of my bumper corners front and rear for only $150.. and now i can't even
tell where it was. You can find them on the web.. i think it's colorworks.com or you've spotted one of their vans..
might give them a try.. i did and the results were awesome.

Here i found the site, http://www.colorworks.ca/
They do more than just in vancouver actually.. and they will actually come to your house/work and do it for you.
Anyways.. hope this helps.
n00dleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002   #11  
Registered!!

H21Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
This might not help you much but, i always park away from everybody and i have my friends (who also have nice cars) to park next to me. this way they wont ding your car and if they do, they pay for it. But i dont know how your parking lot is organized. Good luck with it.
H21Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002   #12  
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Or you can get those lil mini cameras for like $50 and wire it up to your car somewhere wher eu can see the
sides and it's motion sensored so when someone parks beside you just watch and see who hit u're car
then go and find that car and key the @#$%@ out of it. And i mean KEY IT! They'll still have to pay for the deductible
and drive around with scratch marks and FU's keyed all over it.
n00dleboy is offline   Reply With Quote