Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

cleaning engine bay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04TXtoys will become famous soon enough04TXtoys will become famous soon enough
cleaning engine bay?

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some ideas on cleaning my engine and making everything under the hood look brand new again. i mean i know the obvious which would be getting a q-tip and some soap lol but there has to be an easier,more time consuming way of going about that. thanks, mitchell
Old 08-22-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
There are some companies that make a good engine cleaner that you can buy at most auto parts stores. However the best thing to do is soak it with a cleaner, let it sit for a minute, spray off, the re-apply, let sit, wipe off with rag and rinse. Make sure you cover your intake if you have an SRI or CAI and your alternator, they don't like things like this.
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

typeblue is an unknown quantity at this point
The fast and lazy way is to use industrial degreaser and dilute it in water. Be careful where you spray it and try not to inhale the fumes.
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
I cover my alternator, battery terminals and intake filter with a few rags and spray simple green everywhere. If you follow the directions it gets the engine very clean and stock looking. Then from there I use Armour All for accenting.
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
regular degreaser should be fine like orange clean. and use it full strength. then once the dirt is gone, go over all plastic with a protectant and then do the metal polish. this could take all day if you want it to. im actually gonna work on mine some more today.