Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Miracle In A Botle- Meguiars ScratchX

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006
Support Our Troops -Avenge 9/11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d-thug will become famous soon enough
Miracle In A Botle- Meguiars ScratchX

I just wanted to let everyone know that, I recently had someone backinto my car. Not very hard, but scratched my entire driver's side door. I went to a body shop and they told me it was gonna be around $1,200 to fix it. It has d ents in it as well. Anyways:

I heard about Meguiars ScratchX and went to my local car shop and picked it up. I'll tell you what. Besides the dent, ALL THE SCRATCHES ARE GONE! I can't even tell that they were there. You gotta work it in to the paint and keep reapplying more and more, but eventually it looks amazing. I was just writing to reccommend it to whoever needs to get scratches out. Mine were really deep too. For $7.50 this is a miracle in a bottle. Make sure to pick some up, if you got some scratches, and you don't want to re-paint. Highly Recommend!
Old 06-22-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
great to hear you got the scratches out...and welcome to the site....
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

GNX423 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats great. i have some at home but never used it. Ill have to give it a try
thanks,

Mike
Old 06-22-2006
rhein05 has been mutated to cIvIc_xyza

cIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nice
oohh.. good.. got a lotta scratches in the front
Old 06-24-2006
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you think this will work on a lengthy, but thin (2mm wide) scratch that has the paint stripped away? (I can see metal).
Old 06-24-2006
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
if you can see the metal then definately not.... i think the scratch remover just brings out a sort of clear coat that camoflagues the scratch with the rest of the paint.
Old 06-24-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Scratch x is a polish with some filler in it, I believe. It smoothes the edges of scratches in the clear coat so that they do not reflect as much light, and also fills them in somewhat. Use some tech wax afterwards for some great results. If you really want to step it up, there are of course much better products.
Old 06-24-2006

Yea, this of course, won't take out deep scratches, to the point of metal, but will make it look a litle better. This definetly works though. Try it out, will make your paint finish look good, and smooths it out like wax. Try it out and see, its only $7.50 even if it doesn't work for you, Your not spending much money
Old 07-16-2006
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by d-thug
Yea, this of course, won't take out deep scratches, to the point of metal, but will make it look a litle better. This definetly works though. Try it out, will make your paint finish look good, and smooths it out like wax. Try it out and see, its only $7.50 even if it doesn't work for you, Your not spending much money
Scratch-X isnt that bad. Ive got some, but Ive found that its effects will wear off in time. If you wanna get real serious about getting rid of the scratches, get a pc and something from the Poorboys SSR (Super Swirl and Scratch Remover) line. Stuff works great, and is even better if you use it with some sort of power tool like the pc.
Old 07-16-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Will buy this!
Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 07-17-2006
Registered!!

DoktorPete is an unknown quantity at this point
Deadly, I'll definately be pickin this up, the front and rear bumpers on my Civic are scratched to hell.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Welcome to the forums.
Old 07-20-2006
Eddie is so hot. *sigh* I want him......BAD

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
Thats good to know, thankfully I dont have any scratches.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
i am going to get a bottle today
Old 07-25-2006

Good luck man, hope it works for good for ya. nice to be here, hi to all, still kinda new here so bare with me on my reviews.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
you've made up my mind. i've had this scratch and dent on my passenger side for over a year, someone hit my door at school and i've been too busy to let my car stay at a shop for a few hours to get done. scratch-x is on my shopping list, thanks
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

Erighan is an unknown quantity at this point
It worked well enought to cover a few hairline scratches for me.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

Tnsmongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
i think im going to go buy this an try it out i have small scratchs on the paint due to washing ....