Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

carpet shampoo

Old 06-16-2006
You bought a used dog??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
def01tones will become famous soon enough
carpet shampoo

alright my carpet is fvckin nasty!! if i take it out and scrub it by hand, would it fade any?? whats a good soap for it too??

i decided to rip my carpet out, drench it with water, pour oxiclean all over it, and scrub the **** out of it. same thing with the seats. thanx for all ur help guys. ur the best!!

Last edited by def01tones; 06-16-2006 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i just ripped my out and threw in garbage. then bought cheap carpet thats super light and threw it on. looks fine, and got some weight savings lol. the driver side is getting bad, but i got more carpet i can just cut a new square. it is a ton of work to actually take the carpet off and put it back on, without removing all the interior pieces. just buy some spray cleaner like lifter1.
Old 07-16-2006
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by def01tones
alright my carpet is fvckin nasty!! if i take it out and scrub it by hand, would it fade any?? whats a good soap for it too??

i decided to rip my carpet out, drench it with water, pour oxiclean all over it, and scrub the **** out of it. same thing with the seats. thanx for all ur help guys. ur the best!!
I love using oxyclean. Try this before you yank out the carpet. Vaccum the carpet real well, then douse it with some oxyclean (I prefer a spray bottle). Let it sit for a few minutes. Then grab a scrub brush and scrub the carpet. Then take a clean towel and rub the carpet with the towel to remove some of the dirt it brings to the surface. Vaccum the carpet again and then let it dry.

That should take out most, if not all of the stains. You may wanna repeat it again, but that whole process shouldnt take that long, and its easier than ripping out the carpet.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
detailers trick:

occasionally i wash my car with Dawn dish soap, since its a degreaser to get off old wax and what not. top up a bucket w/ water and dawn, get your hose and stir it up. Then, with the bubbles that float on top of the mixture, use that to clean ur carpets.

Vaccuum, clean with bubbles, vaccuum again. Dealt.
Old 07-28-2006
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
A friend of mine told me he just throws his floormats into the washing machine. Tried it right after and was shocked at how well they came out. They come out clean and lint free. Saves time from scrubbing. Make sure you rinse out the washer after you're done though cuz that ish is so grimey. I didn't even need to dry either.