Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Turtle Wax Ice...yay or nay???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Turtle Wax Ice...yay or nay???

Just saw an ad forthe stuff, looks like one of the wax as you dry deals. Has anyone used it? Is it any good?
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Never heard of it, but probably will soon.
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
It was on Spike TVs Powerblock several times last weekend. Sure it will be on more.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough
yeah i've seen it.
i also want to know if anyone has used this.
Old 04-25-2006
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
Just saw a commercial for it yesterday, was wondering the same thing.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
i would suggest claying before using it tho. I washed, clayed, washed and then used ice. Pity i dont have a digicam right now. Paint looks brand fuking new. Clay before tho to get a smooth and pure surface to use it on. Yea i saw it on spike tv when i was watching it in my backseat....lol so i bought it it costs like 20.00 for a decent sized bottle
Old 04-25-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i am wary of this. it says its a wax, but it says polish on the bottle. which is it? and its liquid, can go on plastics like a trim shiner. idk... i'm sticking to normal wax.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
i've wanted to try the spray detailer, but... at $10 a bottle, that's just way overpriced. i can get some reputable boutique brands for that price...
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I still havent seen a commercial for this....
Old 04-27-2006
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
I almost bought it... I was kind of put off by the fact that it says wax and polish on the same bottle. Seems interesting though, it says it can be applied in direct sunlight and even if the surface is hot to the touch. And it wont leave a residue on plastics. Seems alsmost too good to be true, but I would be willing to pay for it if enough people vouch for it.
Old 04-27-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
what worries me is that it looks more like armorall or something than wax. its totally fluid and doesnt resemble a wax at all.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Just saw this today at the store, if people try this out and is ok, I'll try it next year when I use up all the wax that I got now. I still got some Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss and just got some Dupont Teflon 4 pack with wax and all the other tire products.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

j.lu is an unknown quantity at this point
I pickee upone today.Wax time tomorrow.I'll post some tomorrow afternoon
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

BLKCIVFLYNN01 is an unknown quantity at this point
THE turtle wax I.c.e

ya i have a bottle of the spray detailer thats 10 bucks, belive it or not it works good and smells good too. i got the bottle for free since my friend works a autozone.Anyways i have a question i have sirls on my car what is a good product to take them out??????
Old 04-28-2006
Premium Member

swirls? well its caused by rubbing in circle motion which isn't good. you can try to use glaze/polish beofre waxing and see if it helps. there are lots of products to try and cover it up. try meguiars scratchX.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had my car cleaned yesterday, and the did 2 coats of boat wax, I hear it's good stuff.
Old 04-30-2006
Bush fu(king party,mother fu(king hand job.

Teh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to all
my bro bought a bottle of the ICE stuff a couple weeks ago and this weekend was car cleaning time so i washed and clay barred, and then waxed...i ended up only doing my rear bumper with the ice wax, i didn't like it at all...it didn't make my car feel nearly as nice as the wax i usually use, Mothers Caranauba Wax