Removing graphics.. - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2006   #1
Super JDM Member

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing graphics..

I will be removing my graphics in the next couple of weeks, they have been on for roughly 9 months, and im afraid there may be some fading from the sun underneath the vinyl. Do u guys think there will be fading after that length of time, and if so, is there something u can buy that will help against it. I heard meguires makes something... thanks for the help!
matt_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #2
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
do you wax your car regularly? if so, there may not be a problem. otherwise expect some fading. You can use meguiar's #7 show car glaze to put oils back in the paint and make it glossy. Then wax over it. That should help, but i can't think of a product specifically for that. or maybe its called colorX or something?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3
Super JDM Member

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point
alright that sounds good... and no not regularly.. maybe once or twice last summer .. i gotta look into this further.
matt_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #4

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, colorX would be your best bet. Depending on how much sun it's been exposed to, the fading should be minimal.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #5
Registered!!

revautousa is an unknown quantity at this point
There will probably be some fading, but you should be able to get it back to about 90% with the correct product / technique.
revautousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #6
Registered!!

01civicexboy is an unknown quantity at this point
To remove the graphics, use a hairdryer.....To remove the paste, GOO GONE....its good stuff...With the hairdryer, don't keep it on the surface too long...
01civicexboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #7

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
....then use a quality polish and wax afterwards.....
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote