Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

what wax do you use?

Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1USMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
what wax do you use?

ive had my 2k1 since august, and to this day i have not waxed my car... i am curious as to which wax you use, which one is the best for our cars, and how often should it be done?
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
there are sooooo many threads about this but ill basically sum it up for you

- i use meguiars 3 step deep crystal system - it works well for me.. others will tell u what works for them
- how much you wax entirely depends on the area you live in and your preferences. While some people wax twice a week, some people prefer once/month... and some people prefer every 6 months. I personally like to go for once/month (except during winters coz its too cold) because I'm in Canada and we have pretty harsh conditions here. I wax before winter, and after winter i'm hoping to be waxing once/month because of how pretty she looks with a fresh coating [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

2k1USMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, ive seen a lot of people say "every two weeks" or "every two months" and stuff like that... but how often is really BEST for the car?
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Waxing 1 a month and every week is excessive! This is only for the people who like to spend all their spare time cleaning their cars and want it to constantly look the best possible. If you are in a moderate climate area, 2 a year is sufficient. Usually, 6 months apart, in the fall, and in the spring.

Most of the waxes out there are pretty good. Meguiars is what I like.

Remember you need to prep the paint before ever thinking about waxing.

Wash
Use Meguiars deep crystal system cleaner
Polish
Wax

Wash once a week and it will last 6 months no problem
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Megiuars

Go here and click on "paint care prescription" at the top and enter the info it ask for.
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

OverTheTop is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Sedan in blue and I love it but I found that the paint swirled real quick so I went on and got advise from http://www.meguiars.com/CarRx.cfm and sot some swirl remover and gold wax and my car looks whipped. It so clean like it new.
Old 02-18-2002
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I waxed my car once since I have had it. I've had it since the end of May. But in Sept I had this Paint protect stuff put on. They say you dont have to wax it at all. My car still looks damn good when I wash it, but you know with winter, it always looks nasty the next day.

Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

darthgator is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Zaino. www.zainobros.com. My friend bought it for his Audi TT roadster (he heard everyone on that forum boasting about how good it works). Let me tell, that stuff is the best ever. He bought the basic package, and as little as you need to do an entire car, he has enough to wash and wax both our cars for two years easily. The water just rolls off. I've only applied one, thin coat since I bought my car a month ago, and have since been on three long road trips. Every bit of bird crap, tar, dirt, etc. comes off in one, thorough wash. This stuff is amazing. Daily dirt and dust just breezes right off. Dead bugs can't stick to it. My silver Deuce EX coupe looks better than showroom. Better than the family's best silverware at holiday season. Anyhow... I posted this as a topic, as soon as I get my film developed I'll post some before and after stuff.
Oh, and in case nobody knows this, was your windows with Windex and Newspapers (not paper towels).
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

<< I use Zaino. www.zainobros.com. My friend bought it for his Audi TT roadster (he heard everyone on that forum boasting about how good it works). Let me tell, that stuff is the best ever. He bought the basic package, and as little as you need to do an entire car, he has enough to wash and wax both our cars for two years easily. The water just rolls off. I've only applied one, thin coat since I bought my car a month ago, and have since been on three long road trips. Every bit of bird crap, tar, dirt, etc. comes off in one, thorough wash. This stuff is amazing. Daily dirt and dust just breezes right off. Dead bugs can't stick to it. My silver Deuce EX coupe looks better than showroom. Better than the family's best silverware at holiday season. Anyhow... I posted this as a topic, as soon as I get my film developed I'll post some before and after stuff.
Oh, and in case nobody knows this, was your windows with Windex and Newspapers (not paper towels).
>>

Seems like newspaper would get black ink everywhere....no?
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

darthgator is an unknown quantity at this point
Suprisingly it doesn't (the newspaper ink that is)... My mom actually told me about this when I was 13 and still washing HER car on my weekends... it works like a charm... try it. If it does leave ink, sue the newspaper!
Later,
Gator
Old 03-03-2002
Registered!!

EternalBluePearl is an unknown quantity at this point
use zaino. my neighbor SHOWOFF use it all the time. when you touch his 2k1 its soooo smooth and shiny u can even use his car as a mirror.
Old 03-03-2002
Registered!!

vandal is an unknown quantity at this point
i use mothers, the three step program, i hink you are pretty much set with either mothers or meguires. yeah only wax every 6 months and for the love of god do it yourself dont take it to a car wash, haha
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Eagle one Wet Polish/Wax... its a liquid, and cost about $20 CDN, give my car a nice shine (if you do it correct and allow enuff time for the wax to set)... mothers (red bottle stuff) is a bit cheaper, but i haven't tried it yet... or try Meguiares'
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Seems like newspaper would get black ink everywhere....no? >>

&gt;&gt;Newspaper actually leave the window streak-free, i used it when i worked in a restaurant.. you know mow many windows and mirrors are in a small restaurant.. holy shiet... i felt proud that if left no streaks so i dun get bitched at..... so newspaper would do you good on your car windows...