Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Rate Mr. Clean Auto Wash!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
Rate Mr. Clean Auto Wash!

I know some of us here have mixed opinions of this product.

Since it's winter time, i like to use the mr. clean auto wash. It's fast, efficient, and does the job.

My car accumulates a lot of bird craps since junk is stored in my garage instead of cars.

I got the Mr. Clean product for $9.99 on sale, GO TARGET!

Rate Mr. Clean Auto Wash on a scale of 1-10 based on the following criteria.

-Effeciency
-Effectiveness
-Presentation
-Overall

Effeciency: 8.5 - i can wash my car super fast now, plus i don't have to stay out drying my car in the cold. However, the water pressure could be stronger, and the soap setting could also be improved so it covered a larger area, at a faster rate.

Effectiveness: 8 - Cleans just as well as standard soap and conventional towel dry. My car looked nice and squeeky clean but lacked the shine of my old soap, The 2-1 soap with Turtle Wax. The product also doesn't work very well on windows as claimed on the box. It's okay though, i usually windex my windows anyway.

Presentation: 9 - Box was well packaged and the headunit is very well laid out and simple to use.

Overall: 9 - for the price to satisfaction ratio. The starter package cost me a couple pennys north of 10 dollars so i was very pleased. However, the fact you need to replace the filters every so often bothers me, why couldn't they just make a higher quality filter in the head unit instead of a replacable one.
Old 12-10-2005
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
-Effeciency - 9 - Washes very fast and as long as there is a good filter in there it drys spot free just like it claims.

-Effectiveness - 7 - Even though i use a sponge or soft towel to wash it I dont feel it gets it as clean as conventional hand washing does. Seems to leave a rough feeling on the surface, but it still looks clean.

-Presentation - ? - Who the **** cares what it looks like. Its functional and it does the job that it is supposed to do.

-Overall - 8 - Nice when you want to do a quick wash to shine it up. Great for those inbetween washes. I recomend a quick mist spray wax after for a nicer finish and a better shine, however.
Old 12-10-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
effeciency - 9 Its does what it claims

Effectivness - 6 Seems to dry out any wax on the surface requiring more waxing than regular soaps.

Presentation - I guess it looks ok, its a freakin car wash gun. Not a big fan of purple though.

Overall - 7 Nothing special, i like using it just for the spot free rinse when i dont have a lot of time, which is rare.
Old 12-10-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah bought it and want a refund it does what it says but you have to wax it more often. i just take mine to the pressure wash stations and sdo a better job.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

big2000dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Good thread. I've wondered how well this product works.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I got one for x-mas and used it today!

Out of 5

-Effeciency - 4 - I washed the entire car in 30 mins. usually takes me 1 hour with the bucket and sponge and drying.

-Effectiveness - 3 - the soap spray is kinda weak, had to go over the car with the wash mitt and wheel brush.

-Presentation - 4 - Feels good in the hand, not too heavy. Controls are easy to use, feels sturdy.

-Overall - 4 out of 5 - This product was simple to use and got the car very clean with some work of the wash mitt (included). The soap is very effective although it only comes out in small quantities. The auto-dry spray was very nice and left the car spotless.

I would reccommend this product for use in between "real" wash & wax sessions.
Old 01-02-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i give every category a big 0 cause it sucked and was a waste of money
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
haven't used the mr.clean auto wash system (don't really want to, as it's a waste of money to me as well ^) and would rather use a shower foam gun (they are pricey, but worth it in the end). ---> http://www.safetyplus.net/CandJproducts4.html#56SG13291

here's a great write-up! ---> http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15232

Last edited by rckdrmr; 01-06-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

jdmfan13 is an unknown quantity at this point
10+ all around for it. It cuts down time dramatically. If you've got hard water in your area... this is a great item.
Old 01-11-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Originally Posted by rckdrmr
haven't used the mr.clean auto wash system (don't really want to, as it's a waste of money to me as well ^) and would rather use a shower foam gun (they are pricey, but worth it in the end). ---> http://www.safetyplus.net/CandJproducts4.html#56SG13291

here's a great write-up! ---> http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15232
All true! IMO it's a scam! Hand wash & Wax! Thats it.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
IMO it's a scam!
it's not a scam. a true foam gun will reduce marring/scratching to your car's finish by agitating & loosening dirt thus making less contact with your mitt when washing (once you've sprayed it on and let it dwell for 5-10 minutes, you would of hose at least 90% of the dirt). if i spend hours in removing defects, i sure don't want to re-do the process anytime soon and that's where this helps. it's definitely going to come in handy with the winter here now...

Last edited by rckdrmr; 01-13-2006 at 01:50 AM.