Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

detailed my throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
detailed my throttle body

everyone knows a clean TB means more power and better idle so....

i cleaned the inside with carb spray cleaner and then polished up everything before sending it to get ported. You can also remove the IAC valve on the side since its held on with screws. Spray alot of cleaner in there until all the carbon is gone. this will result in a more stable warmup idle. Don't forget a new gasket from honda before you put it back. Also a new gasket between the throttle body and intake manifold.

Last edited by gearbox; 01-14-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
looks good
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

MiTurbinEsDerty is an unknown quantity at this point
What did you use to clean the throttle body?
Old 11-23-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i used carb cleaner to actually clean out the carbon around and under the throttle plate. You can spray some in the IAC valve but you need to take it off the tb first. Then mothers polish to make it shiny. I sent it in to be ported so the inside will be shiny anyway.
Old 11-23-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Fvck man your like the best damn DIY guru man I love you Gear
Old 11-23-2005
Premium Member

ya and next summer i'll have a diy for swapping my cylinder head haha.