goo gone - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2005   #1
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
goo gone

Has anyone used goo gone on their exterior? I have some fcukin tree sap on my car and I also I wanna take off those dealer stickers. I just wanna make sure that good gone is safe for clear coats and paint.

Plus if anyone else knows of any other product that can take off sticker residue better than goo gone let me know!
scrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #2
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Goo Gone is great...ive used it on the exterior with no problems...just be sure to clean/wax the area afterwards
FALKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #3
Registered!!

takumi is on a distinguished road
I used some to remove some glue after I took off my emblems. Then I washed and waxed it, there's no damage at all.
takumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #4
Registered!!

illmatic1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I used it too when I took off my Civic EX SE badges...just remember to use some water to clean off the goo gone and then wax like FALKEN said and you should be good to go...
illmatic1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #5

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
you can also use a clay bar to remove things like that, but goo gone will work as well.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #6
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
FYI: If you ever get grease on your clothes, goo gone will take it out as well. I've only tried this on an old pair of off white pants, so I don't know if it will bleach the color out or not.
PrecisnTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #7
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
I love goo gone. I just needed to make sure it was ok for the exterior surface of the car
Old 07-09-2005   #8
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
always test on an inconspicous place first
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #9
Registered!!

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
It works best on the exterior when shaving emblems..
NeonImpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #10
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
Goof Off works as well, but like others said, clean and was afterwards.
nitroal1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #11
Registered!!

Well, I got everything I needed off with goo gone and I washed and waxed my car as well. Feels good to have a washed and waxed ride
Old 07-10-2005   #12
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
WASH & WAX after...you'll be A-OK!
typeRDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005   #13
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
use meguiar's clear coat body scrub
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #14
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
works fine and didnt eat up my clear coat when i had the vic.

i would suggest washing it right after though. i used car soap just in case since car was still new
jttegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #15
Registered!!

Well, I was able take out that sap. It took a little bit of elbow grease and goo gone, but it worked just fine. I also washed it afterwards and then waxed the whole car.

For the dealership stickers, I was kinda leary to take them off coz I thought there would be like an outline of the letters due to fading, but goo gone took it right off no problem. I dont even see any remnants of the sticker. So thanx guys for the much needed info