Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Painting Interior Pieces

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CdKoInU is an unknown quantity at this point
Painting Interior Pieces

has anyone done this... If so, how did you do it and what products did to use..

I want to change from beige to black interior...
Old 06-14-2005
Born in the Island, Raised in the NYC.......Dominicano....Y Que??

kDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the roughkDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the roughkDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the roughkDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the rough
Wat kind of parts u talkin about? It all depends on wat u wanna paint.
Old 06-14-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
ive tried this before..my only advice would be buy the black parts from honda..or salvage civic.. painting isnt perment in high contact areas..
Old 06-15-2005
Registered!!

CdKoInU is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kDiAbLo_718
Wat kind of parts u talkin about? It all depends on wat u wanna paint.
all the interior pieces, ie dash, door, back panels...etc...
Old 06-25-2005

kDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the roughkDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the roughkDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the roughkDiAbLo_718 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CdKoInU
all the interior pieces, ie dash, door, back panels...etc...
Anybody kno wat kind of paint is best to use to paint these parts???
Old 06-25-2005
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
Try this. I got it for my radio bezel. also get some Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. (Wal Mart)

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...ProductID=2531
Old 06-25-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
i got all my pillars done...i had the guy bondo the pillars so that they were smooth..and then he painted them glossy black so now all the pillars look fibreglassed...sexy..

a guy on here from my city was the first one to do it, his name on here is Big, he did his door panel(with some other modifications) as well he is doing his dash and basically all other plastic pieces...

we both went to the same guy...so i suggest you not do it yourself and get a pro to do it......cause the outcome looks so good
Old 06-26-2005

Originally Posted by Boy_R_D
i got all my pillars done...i had the guy bondo the pillars so that they were smooth..and then he painted them glossy black so now all the pillars look fibreglassed...sexy..

a guy on here from my city was the first one to do it, his name on here is Big, he did his door panel(with some other modifications) as well he is doing his dash and basically all other plastic pieces...

we both went to the same guy...so i suggest you not do it yourself and get a pro to do it......cause the outcome looks so good
Thanx for the info, but i dont kno anybody that does that where i stay, I think the closest shop is about 3 hours away. Maybe i can take a little road trip if its worth it.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
trust me man it is worth it..if you want me to take some pics..just pm me...i paid the guy 80 bux for all 6 pillars
Old 06-27-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Properly prep it and finish it and you'll never have a problem. It's all DIY. For the pillars, get some 120 grit paper to start with, and sand them smooth, then move up to a 200 grit and re send. From there, clean it, dry it, then wipe with a tack cloth. From there use a filler primer and spray two medium to heavy coats of primer. Sand again almost back down to the plastic, prime again. Sand again then spray a light coat of paint. Sand again, keep spraying, going up in paper grit until you have a smooth uniform finish. clear coat with a light coat, dont' sand. Spray with a second slightly heavier coat. Sand again. Then spray a medium to heavy coat, sand with 200 or greater grit paper, then buff with a finishing (not rubbing) compound. Wax to shine. Smile at your new shiny clean panels.
Old 06-27-2005
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
^^^ You nailed it man. Just don't use cheap products and You shouldn't have any problems. Oh yeah and don't try to paint the sliders on your vents. Good Luck
Old 06-30-2005
Registered!!

gnat1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah if your going to do it then get it pro done. But personally I wouldn't do it. Believe me I tried it and if you scratch it then it will go right through the paint to the beige and then thats all you will see. My advise is to just buy the black parts from somewhere. It's really not that expensive if you take the time to look. The most expensive parts are the dash and console but otherthan those than the rest of the pieces are pretty cheap.
Old 06-30-2005
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
use int. paint from Kragen or something. I used it and i Love the way ot looks All black int. gets boring to stare at all day long.