Leaning on dirty car - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2005   #1  
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
Leaning on dirty car

i was at a car meet, and my friend and i just chilled by our cars for about 10 minutes. i decided to lean on my friend's RSX-S which was covered in dirt and then he flipped out on me.

he told me not to lean on the dirt because it would rub it in and mess up the paint (or something like that).

somebody explain this to me ... because of my knowledge, i thought car paint is supposed to endure rain, snow, and of course dirt enough to be inpenatrable.
02cvcEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #2  
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
you could of got your clothes dirty, **** his car.
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #3  
Registered!!

joelwastaken is an unknown quantity at this point
lol um leaning on it isnt gonna do ****, but say writing stuff on dirty cars can mess up paint if its pretty old. yea my friends ex-girlfriend wrote "****" really big on the hood of his 88 mr2 when it was all dirty and yea it sure still said **** after he washed the car
joelwastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #4  

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
it could hurt it, but not very much. by leaning on the car, even if you hold still, you will lightly rub the dirt in. That will cause swirls and tiny scratches. I wouldnt let someone lean on my car period, but what he is worried about is probably the fact that you could leave swirls that are easily visible in sunlight especially if its a dark color.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #5  
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
Lening on a clean car could easily leave scratches let alone a dirty one. Never lean on a car. And tell your frind to buy some car wash!
danase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #6  
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Dirty or clean, I don't let anyone lean on my car
PlasmaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #7  
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
he exagerates.

Anyways, he probably spent a large portion of his life saving on that car so you should understand.
orion_squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #8  
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about

nindoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #9  
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by danase
Lening on a clean car could easily leave scratches let alone a dirty one. Never lean on a car
agreed
rckdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #10  
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint,
againifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #11  
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by againifall
dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint,
amen brotha!

i cant believe you would even think of leaning on his car... it's just common sense...
i8dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #12  
i like shiny cars

BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
one of my friends just jumped and sat on my trunk.. i have 2 lil dents on my trunk lid and i think that might be why. Oh well... i still get compliments on my paints condition. Just having friends that dont give a **** bout their car sux...
BaLisTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #13  
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay
you could of got your clothes dirty, **** his car.
oh, snap. you're right! what was i thinking
02cvcEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #14  
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
leaning on the car paint/body COULD cause harm, but not noticeable to the human eye. if it is dirty (say bird ****, heavy dirt speck, etc). by leaning on it, you would most likely be moving a little bit which is grinding against the paint causing the clear coat to tear off eventually and if its deep/thick object, it could leave a scratch on the paint. but again, its not noticeable.

i hate when people do that as well. they just have no respect for another mans property. i know most car owners dont care, but there are couple people who are detail freaks and are caution on every speck.
jttegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #15  
Registered!!

slammedSI is an unknown quantity at this point
when you lean on a dirty car it will act like fine grit sand paper and will actualy sand the clear. if the dirt is thick enough it could dig deep scratches and not be able to be removed
slammedSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #16  
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Just what they all said, it can leave fine scratches int he clearcoat. DO NOT LEAN ON ANYBODYS CAR EVER!!!! You are liable to get your *** beat. My girl has gotten good with it. I do not let her touch my car or set anything on it. She used to get pissed, but finally accepts it. My friends 98 civic got fudged a week or two ago. His friends brother set something on his roof, and as my friend noticed and said move it, it was too late. He has about 10 LARGE scratches on his roof. I hate stupid people with no respect for cars. Nobody should touch anybodys car but their own.

I remember working at this one place, and when I would come out on break, there would be 2 people sitting on my car and like 4 or 5 around it. I would walk out at them, stare at them, set my alarm to go off, etc, etc, and they didnt learn. I hate them, and they need to rot in hell for it. They were probably trying to say its their car or some ****. but all those people need to die!
2K1Civic17"Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #17  
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
because of the dirt on the car, and also depending on how much dirt is on the car, It can leave some major scratches.
eyegiant is offline   Reply With Quote