Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Leaning on dirty car (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/216086-leaning-dirty-car.html)

02cvcEX 06-13-2005 03:06 AM

Leaning on dirty car

i was at a car meet, and my friend and i just chilled by our cars for about 10 minutes. i decided to lean on my friend's RSX-S which was covered in dirt and then he flipped out on me.

he told me not to lean on the dirt because it would rub it in and mess up the paint (or something like that).

somebody explain this to me ... because of my knowledge, i thought car paint is supposed to endure rain, snow, and of course dirt enough to be inpenatrable.

ojay 06-13-2005 03:36 AM

you could of got your clothes dirty, **** his car.

joelwastaken 06-13-2005 03:43 AM

lol um leaning on it isnt gonna do shit, but say writing stuff on dirty cars can mess up paint if its pretty old. yea my friends ex-girlfriend wrote "****" really big on the hood of his 88 mr2 when it was all dirty and yea it sure still said **** after he washed the car :rofl:

soonercivic 06-13-2005 09:53 AM

it could hurt it, but not very much. by leaning on the car, even if you hold still, you will lightly rub the dirt in. That will cause swirls and tiny scratches. I wouldnt let someone lean on my car period, but what he is worried about is probably the fact that you could leave swirls that are easily visible in sunlight especially if its a dark color.

danase 06-13-2005 10:57 AM

Lening on a clean car could easily leave scratches let alone a dirty one. Never lean on a car. And tell your frind to buy some car wash!

PlasmaGT 06-13-2005 11:01 AM

Dirty or clean, I don't let anyone lean on my car

orion_squall 06-13-2005 11:18 AM

he exagerates.

Anyways, he probably spent a large portion of his life saving on that car so you should understand.

nindoo 06-13-2005 11:49 AM

http://webpages.charter.net/iambored...ng/oh_snap.gif

:rofl:

rckdrmr 06-13-2005 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by danase
Lening on a clean car could easily leave scratches let alone a dirty one. Never lean on a car

agreed

againifall 06-13-2005 12:57 PM

dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint,

i8dabomb 06-13-2005 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by againifall
dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint, dont touch the paint,

amen brotha!

i cant believe you would even think of leaning on his car... it's just common sense... :thistop:

BaLisTek 06-14-2005 02:16 AM

one of my friends just jumped and sat on my trunk.. i have 2 lil dents on my trunk lid and i think that might be why. Oh well... i still get compliments on my paints condition. Just having friends that dont give a shit bout their car sux...

02cvcEX 06-15-2005 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by ojay
you could of got your clothes dirty, **** his car.

oh, snap. you're right! what was i thinking :_doh:

jttegx 06-16-2005 01:57 AM

leaning on the car paint/body COULD cause harm, but not noticeable to the human eye. if it is dirty (say bird shit, heavy dirt speck, etc). by leaning on it, you would most likely be moving a little bit which is grinding against the paint causing the clear coat to tear off eventually and if its deep/thick object, it could leave a scratch on the paint. but again, its not noticeable.

i hate when people do that as well. they just have no respect for another mans property. i know most car owners dont care, but there are couple people who are detail freaks and are caution on every speck.

slammedSI 06-18-2005 09:44 PM

when you lean on a dirty car it will act like fine grit sand paper and will actualy sand the clear. if the dirt is thick enough it could dig deep scratches and not be able to be removed

2K1Civic17"Gabe 07-07-2005 06:08 PM

Just what they all said, it can leave fine scratches int he clearcoat. DO NOT LEAN ON ANYBODYS CAR EVER!!!! You are liable to get your ass beat. My girl has gotten good with it. I do not let her touch my car or set anything on it. She used to get pissed, but finally accepts it. My friends 98 civic got fudged a week or two ago. His friends brother set something on his roof, and as my friend noticed and said move it, it was too late. He has about 10 LARGE scratches on his roof. I hate stupid people with no respect for cars. Nobody should touch anybodys car but their own.

I remember working at this one place, and when I would come out on break, there would be 2 people sitting on my car and like 4 or 5 around it. I would walk out at them, stare at them, set my alarm to go off, etc, etc, and they didnt learn. I hate them, and they need to rot in hell for it. They were probably trying to say its their car or some shit. but all those people need to die!

eyegiant 07-07-2005 06:29 PM

because of the dirt on the car, and also depending on how much dirt is on the car, It can leave some major scratches.