Swirl Removal - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2005   #1  
Registered!!

midnightblueEX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Swirl Removal

I use Meguires 3 Step and it works good, but since the Paint Cleaner Step has chemicals in it that can strip clear coat,, is it bad to Use it to much? It says put it on and whip it off dont let it dry.
midnightblueEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #2  
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the stickies in this forum: http://www.danase.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4
danase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #3  
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Swirl removers just fill in the swirls once it rains walla they are back. I used to detail for mercedes and bmw and the dark cars were a b!tch to get swirls out. Best thing to do is compound, then glaze, then polish. Its a long process but its worth it. If you have a really good buffing machine your all set. If not, get that elbow grease going but the job wont be as good as a buffer.
Colombian4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #4  
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
The Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner does remove clear, but is sooo microscopic you would be shortening the life of the clear dramatically. I only recommend applying it when neccessary. You don't need to apply all 3 steps everytime. Paint cleaner do not fill in scratches they remove them. Polishes would more likely hide/fill them.
MeguiarsEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #5  

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Isnt the DCPC a chemical paint cleaner only that doesnt contain actual abrasives like scratchX or #83 have?
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #6  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombian4Lyf
Swirl removers just fill in the swirls once it rains walla they are back. I used to detail for mercedes and bmw and the dark cars were a b!tch to get swirls out. Best thing to do is compound, then glaze, then polish. Its a long process but its worth it. If you have a really good buffing machine your all set. If not, get that elbow grease going but the job wont be as good as a buffer.
I wish you people would know what you are talking about before you post false information. Most good swirl removers contain abrasives that will remove swirls. Your steps make NO sense at all. If you glaze and THEN polish the polish will remove the glaze so what is the point? Glaze is used to FILL in the scratches with oils mostly so the paint looks swirl free. Polishes are made to get the swirls out.
Old 06-07-2005   #7  

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
^^you posted while i was typing that same thing!
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #8  
i like shiny cars

BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
^^ was thinking same thing. Way to bust some n00b *** danase.

Danase you need to get the clearkote product line. I've been wanting to try VM, RMG, and MW.

pce
BaLisTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #9  
Registered!!

LOL I don't ever like coming off like a jerk but I get sick of reading false info. all the time that will just confuse people more and have them doing un-needed steps or steps that will cancle out the previous one.
Clearkote...have you been to the forums latley? They will be here by the end of the week.