Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

i scratched my baby!

Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wishihadavtec is an unknown quantity at this point
i scratched my baby!

i was washing my car this morning, and some salt (i live in ohio) wasnt coming off the bumper. Im 16 and no little to nothing about cars and things of that nature, so i flipped my trusty kitchen sponge around to the rough side and scratched the **** out of my car. my car is 2 weeks old, and im major pissed off.

is there anything i can do to fix this or do i have to take it back to the dealer and put out a ton of cash?

thanks
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
There might be something you can do to lessen the severity of the scratch. GO to an auto store and pick up some things from Mequiars...they have something called a 3step method...1> its a paint cleaner and it removes somescratches 2> Polish 3> wax
aftger this it should remove a few of the scratches see how that works for you and then if they are still there next then use something called SCRATCH X it should help buit if you ise it cover the spot you used it on with wax again.....then see how you made out....if it still is there than you might want to go to the auto store and pick up a "clay bar" system...this should remover some of the scracthes that the other process didnt.....i dont know the svereity of the scrathes but this should help you out....next time you wash your car use nothing but car soap, proper lambs wool or terry cloth wash mits, as far as salt and tar go there are products that you can buy such as tar and decomtanimant removal and dry it all off with an "Absorber".....good luck and let me know how you turn out
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

VTECnique is an unknown quantity at this point
If I remember correctly, use Meguiars #6. We used that at the Mercedes dealership I worked at. It was either that or #3.