Dirt in the paint and a rust spot. - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2004   #1  
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Dirt in the paint and a rust spot.

Well due to me being lied to about if my car had a sealer on the paint looks like I'm going to be stuck taking care of it myself. Now, what can I do to get dirt out of my paint? I have a 04 RSX Type S in Artic Blue. I have a chip on my hood that has rusted. What can i do to touch it up? I don't want to just put touch up paint on it and the rust come thru in a month. I need you detail Gods help. I'm picky about my car and I want it to shine without a rust spot.

Will a clay bar work to get the dirt out? I've never used one before. Never had to.
Jodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #2  
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Thanks. Can I get a Clay bar at any auto store? Like AutoZone? And how much do they normally cost?
Jodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #3  
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
you can try a clay bar...... it does some amazing stuff. i clay bared my car for the first time about 4 days ago and it got out all the spots that i could never get out after tons of scrubbing. make sure to use plenty of lube too..... its importent. maybe it will take the rust off but you might want to spray some clear coat in that spot to prevent water from going in there.
hustlelikem0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #4  
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Do you have Krown rust inhibiter? If so I HIGHLY recommend you get that to keep it from getting worse. In some cases it gets rid of small surface rust buildup.
Pharoh is offline   Reply With Quote