Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

window film haze, etc driving me nuts

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slvrcivic will become famous soon enoughslvrcivic will become famous soon enough
window film haze, etc driving me nuts

I have this film that keeps forming a few days after every time I clean my windows.

Like it will be great for a few days, and then it forms again. No one smokes in my car or anything like that. Anyone else have this issue?

I've tried everything to get rid of it.
Old 07-29-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I have that issue. On the rear window it's the worst.

The tint shop told me not to use any ammonia-based products on my tint because it might fade.

I sprayed alcohol on my tint, and then squeegeed it with a california water blade. It's fine now. You could also probably use soap and water, and then rinse with distilled water. Use a spray bottle, and squeegee all liquids off.

Last edited by armieo; 07-29-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
what have you been using to clean your windows?

i get sort of a film or haze on my car thanks to the dust that settles on my car when its all moist first thing in the morning. its on the outside though and there's not much you can do about it.

if this haze is on the inside maybe try a different cleaner, or no cleaner (just pure water) to wash your windows. i use eagle one 20/20 works great.
Old 07-29-2004
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
I only get that kind of haze when I use stuff like RainX. Do you close the windows and sweat a lot in your car? It might be evaporated body oils. Or maybe smog deposits? If you're using any kind of fake Windex, that could be the culprit, too. Cheap window cleaners usually leave crap behind.
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

slvrcivic will become famous soon enoughslvrcivic will become famous soon enough
I've used windex, I've used newspaper, paper towels, towels, and even just water with a towel or whatever. It forms on the inside. Almost like a smoker film on the car.

hard to explain
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
how old is your car? might have a bad filter or something stuck in the filter for your vents

is it just on the front window, sides? rear?

how many of your windows are tinted?
Old 07-29-2004
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
Stoner's Invisible Glass... works wonders, and like $5 at Autozone
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

It's basically on every window and none of the windows are tinted. It's an 02 EX and I'm the original owner. I'm the only person that drives the car too. My wife can't drive stick.

I haven't replaced the filters.... maybe I should. I couldn't believe how much crap was behind my rear brake light when I took my back lid off. I just did that like a week ago when I replaced my speakers. It was terrible.

I don't really even drive it much though. I've put like 7k miles in the last year. It' sits mostly.

Total miles are like 22k.

I guess I'll look at the filter though, and maybe try that other cleaner
Old 08-03-2004
bel
Registered!!

bel is an unknown quantity at this point
yap, agree with TEAMPOINTLESS!!! stoner invisible glass works!!!