Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Sticky Stuff On Headlight....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Sticky Stuff On Headlight....

Hey Guys, I Recently Had To Put Some Of The Black Stuff That Keeps The Water Out Of Your Headlights To Prevent Fog On Mine, And The Stuff Got On My Hands, And Now Its On The Lens Of My Headlight. How Can I Get It Off? I Tried Brake Fluid.... Nothing. Any Suggestions? Thanx.
Old 07-08-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
gasoline. Its works on everything.. trust me gasoline
Old 07-09-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Why Is Every First Letter Capitalized??

Anyway, try acetone (nail polish remover) first. Isopropal alcohol (rubbing alcohol) might do the trick. If not, try small amounts of goo gone. But do a test patch first to make sure it won't corrode the plastic.
Old 07-09-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Detailing forum
Old 07-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
HELL NO TO ACETONE...omg...u'll destroy the plastic!
Old 07-09-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Gasoline will tear it up brotha!

Here is what I would do and it most likely would be the safest. Try bug and tar remover first. If that does not work try to use a clay bar to get it off . Or a polish. I polish plastic all the time and it comes out really nice. I would be very careful about what you use do to it being plastic.
Old 07-21-2004
President

dret is an unknown quantity at this point
no man.. just heat it w/ a blow dryer and use your hands to rub it off.. then just pressure wash it.. this happened to me when i cleared my head lights.. i didn't even heat it but it would help.. i just rubbed it off (ghetto).. but it worked.. its kind of like tree sap.. etc
Old 07-30-2004
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
Man just make sure whatever u use is safe on plastics, if it's designed to clean things, it will say whether or not it's safe...
Old 07-30-2004
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
Originally Posted by robbclark1
Why Is Every First Letter Capitalized??
pretty sure if you leave your caps lock key on, the forum software automatically does it

and i'd be trying bug/tar remover, if that doesnt work the gasoline thing sounds promising, just make sure to wash any spot that the gasoline touched when you're done. come to think of it, ditto for the bug/tar remover
Old 07-30-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I keep a bottle of Goo Gone handy whenever I'm clearing someone's headlights. Works like a charm, and smells pretty good too.
Old 07-30-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Use Goo Gone, and if that doesnt work use rubbing alcohol... I had to do this a lot of times... BTW, I hated it when that **** gone on my hands, It just doesnt want to come off. Also, if you got it on any clothing, just throw it out, no point in trying to get it off, haha.

Whenever I touch silicone now, rubber gloves and dirty clothes are a must.