Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Sea Foam Motor Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Sea Foam Motor Treatment

Has any one here used Sea Foam to clean the internal engine (carbon and etc..) and etc.....?
I searched for it but nothing really, but googled it and found nothing but good things!

Thank you,
David

Sorry this is for internal cleaning not external cleaning.........not detailing!

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

Last edited by draganjr; 06-18-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Detailing forum
Old 06-17-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FALKEN
moved to the Detailing forum
Does it still belong in Detailing?
Old 06-17-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by draganjr
Does it still belong in Detailing?
not now...you changed the verbage in the thread
Old 06-17-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FALKEN
not now...you changed the verbage in the thread
Sorry about that!
Old 06-17-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
im confused =\
Old 06-18-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I used it all the time in my 94 GMC Sonoma. It got rid of a alot of carbon buildup in the vacuum system. I would also pour a tiny bit down my TB and it seemed to clean that out pretty good too.
Old 06-18-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bobbyd
I used it all the time in my 94 GMC Sonoma. It got rid of a alot of carbon buildup in the vacuum system. I would also pour a tiny bit down my TB and it seemed to clean that out pretty good too.
Do you use in your civic, too?

SEA FOAM was developed originally for the marine market—"That's why the great name SEA FOAM." Fred Fandrei, the founder of SEA FOAM, showed Evinrude Outboard Motors how to solve their stale fuel, varnish and carbon problems with its use. Because the product worked so well, and after many years of experimentation, SEA FOAM became a great problem solver in the automotive after market as well. It is renowned as the finest, most multifaceted and safest petroleum product of our times.

TRANS TUNE is a conditioner that is not a stop leak and is compatible with all automatic transmissions, power steering and hydraulic systems.

DEEP CREEP is a multi use penetrating lubricant and cleaner that powers through stuck parts and dissolves rust, varnish and carbon.

BUGS-B-GONE removes ugly bugs fast in 60 seconds or less and is safe on all surfaces.

When your vehicle has a rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem – this is often due to carbon buildup.

When your vehicle’s fuel injectors need cleaning – this is often due to residue left on injectors from poor burning fuels and contaminants.

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT
Old 06-18-2004
Registered!!

SO any used Sea Foam?
Old 06-18-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
My only consern with this is that I think that it can mess up your cat. all of the carbon built up has to go some where and I'm just afraid to use it for fear that it might block the cat.
Old 06-18-2004
Registered!!

Can this be moved from Detailing, please?

Thank you!
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

lucky_topher is an unknown quantity at this point
i use a similar (almost identical) product by GM called "GM Top Engine Cleaner"

there really is no problem/worries with the cats... this is something actually used and recommended by dealerships as well... i do it every 6 months since my engine is known for heavy oil consumption... i would be happy to provide a walkthrough for you if you like...

couple things to remember if doing it... 1) leave it sit... it does no good to just run it through the system.. it needs time to 'eat' away at the build up... i leave mine in 12+ hrs (i.e. overnight and blow it out in the a.m.) and 2) change your oil within 10-20 miles of blowing it all out after letting it sit... there's the chance (depending on your wear/rings/seals/etc) that the seafoam/cleaner can seep into your oil... and you don't want that... no need to change plugs (common misconception) because at the very least, it cleans them
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lucky_topher
i use a similar (almost identical) product by GM called "GM Top Engine Cleaner"

there really is no problem/worries with the cats... this is something actually used and recommended by dealerships as well... i do it every 6 months since my engine is known for heavy oil consumption... i would be happy to provide a walkthrough for you if you like...

couple things to remember if doing it... 1) leave it sit... it does no good to just run it through the system.. it needs time to 'eat' away at the build up... i leave mine in 12+ hrs (i.e. overnight and blow it out in the a.m.) and 2) change your oil within 10-20 miles of blowing it all out after letting it sit... there's the chance (depending on your wear/rings/seals/etc) that the seafoam/cleaner can seep into your oil... and you don't want that... no need to change plugs (common misconception) because at the very least, it cleans them

Thank You!
Since I dont have alot of mileage on the car I am going through the fuel system first!
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

uh.. when i use my cleaners, i only use them through the intake, NOT through my gas tank... i heard it may be okay to do so, but i don't recommend it.. use standard cleaners for that... for cleaning my injectors/etc, i use the Lucas Oil top cylinder cleaner and fuel injector cleaner (one bottle does both).... it's about $4 @ vatozone...

the seafoam & similar products are designed to sit and eat away, not be flushed and burned through a system...
Old 06-21-2004
Registered!!

No, I don't use it on my Civic. I only have 17,000 miles on it so it doesn't need it.
Old 06-21-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing I use is fuel treatments (not sea foam either). I would not add anything to the tranny or engine unless you want a messed up car.
Old 06-21-2004
Registered!!

Sea Foam works great for cleaning carbon in emissions system but I am not sure I would use it on a newer car. Too many sensors to chance messing up.
Old 06-21-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
what is everyone using for fuel system cleaner? theres tons of stuff out there
Old 06-21-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Greased lightning. Says it cleans the whole system and you only use it once a year because it's so good. Chevron with techron sucks and doesn't work.
Old 06-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
what is everyone using for fuel system cleaner? theres tons of stuff out there

Lucas Fuel Treatment lubricates rings and cylinders walls for longer life. It lubricates valves, pumps, carburators, injectors, and compression rings. It causes more combustion for more power and higher milage with fewer emmisions.