Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Mildew smell from leaking windshield!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Mildew smell from leaking windshield!

I had my winshield replaced finally due to a crack and it leaked! So, my car got a little mildew smell (which got bad when it really poured rain here). It is mainly coming from the passenger floor mat and carpet where it leaked water in and dripped. I need to get it clean before I get some chick back in my car! What can I put on it to clean , it is just a small area. Do I have to get it steam cleaned? I just met some new girl too!!
Thanks
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Steam clean might not dot he trick if it is undr the carpet. If you have a garage I recommend letting a dehumidifier running in it and leave your windows own.
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

Bobby,
I was just out there checkin it out...IT IS NOT UNDER THE CARPET, JUST A SMALL STRIP AREA ON THE SIDE OF THE CARPET..it is better now that I have sun dried the floor mat, but it still needs a little shampoo or something on that one small strip of carpet?
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
It would not hurt man. I would just go to the parts store and see if you can find 3M or Stoner's carpet shampoo. Spray it on, scrub a little, let it sit, vacuum it out.
Old 06-10-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
febreeze the **** outta it, and leave all the windows (and sun roof/moon roof) open, (if u have a garage, or during the day).

same thing happened to this dude with a bmw that left his sunroof open and it rained... His leather seats smelled like *** for a week :x
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

I think I got it taken care of, got some carpet cleaner/odor eliminator by blue coral at advance auto, cleaned the strip of carpet and the whole floor mat. Now the floor mat is outside laying in the hot intense sun all day here. That will do the trick!
My car just was leaking, thank God, it wasn't soaked like my man's that left the sunroof open all night! So, I think I will be alright now. Thanks for the help