Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Do you have, Abultophobia? What do your neighbors think?... lol...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Do you have, Abultophobia? What do your neighbors think?... lol...

So, yea... They dont have a car washing phobia but they do have a "washing" phobia and, Its called "Abultophobia".

Anyways, As i mentioned I have my own detailing side business, and I believe that my car should always be clean to show people what "I can do".

So... Since the pollen and bird crap keeps coming down, The car basically gets a hose down EVERYDAY, and gets washed at 1-2x's every week.

I just hate driving a car with bird **** on it... Gets me annoyed.

So, whenever I start to wash my car, the neighbors are constantly watching me... Its like there morning entertainment. One time one of them came up to me and said, "Take a break", LOL!

All in all, I just cant drive a dirty car

The neighbors def think that im some ****ed up kid or something
Old 06-07-2004
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
you are a ****ed up kid

dont worry, im the same way.
Old 06-07-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
My car has to be clean inside and out, I hate driving a dirty car.
Old 06-07-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
my car looks new... but has 30k miles
Old 06-07-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
My car looks better than new. :P If your car looks new it must be filled with dealer swirl marks.
Old 06-07-2004
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
^^^LOL I got lucky. I think they actually had a guy that knew how to detail the day I got my car.

As far as abultophobia, I wash my car on a weekly basis and my neighbors give me that same, “Oh no, here he goes again” look every time. I know they think I’m crazy or something. That’s cool, because I think their crazy for not washing their cars. One neighbor did catch the detailing bug from me. He’s out their just as much as me now.
Old 06-07-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i dust mine off every night and 'detail' it on the weekends...it sounds like its time-consuming, but it actually saves time from having to do a major cleaning job on it twice a month or so

my neighbors are always telling me that im going to rub the paint off
Old 06-07-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Jen, you don't want a detail from Honda...trust me...it will be 100000 times worse. I swear they use sand paper and a highspeed buffer.
Old 06-07-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
at least your neighbor only WATCHES you. I swear mine freaking calls her lawn cutters right after i'm done washing, so i try to wash it just before the sun goes down. Then they'll come the next morning lol.
she's old and you know how old people care about their grass. I don't go running around her front lawn, but the water runs towards the side of her lawn hehee

and the "can you wash mine next?" joke gets old after the millionth time!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grr!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they know i'd wash theirs if they asked serious.
Old 06-07-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
I swear mine freaking calls her lawn cutters right after i'm done washing, so i try to wash it just before the sun goes down.
my neighbors know that i get pissed if they do any mowing during or after i wash mine...they usually come over and tell me when their going to do anything first

the "can you wash mine next?" joke gets old after the millionth time
so true
Old 06-07-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
the "can you wash mine next?" joke gets old after the millionth time
Yeah.. or the sarcastic "It's good you're washing it now because it was starting to get a little dirty "

ANNOYING.
Old 06-07-2004
Banned

I like the, "Its going to rain tomorrow... Why are you washing it?"

CAUSE ITS NICE OUT NOW, AND I WANT IT ****ING CLEAN *******.
Old 06-07-2004
Registered!!

rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
Hahaha, Im glad Im not the only one that cleans my car ALL the time, I too get the neighbours watching me, and they'll say "its already the cleanest car in the neighbourhood" and I always get that look, the "he's cleaning it again" look. And at my honda dealership they usually wash the cars after any service, so I was in for an oil change and the guy looks at my freshly cleaned car and says "I take it you dont want it washed"? than one of the other guys says "his is never dirty" that just made my day! ok i am Fu(ked up! haha
Old 06-07-2004
Banned

my car is sparkling clean right now...

just got a new digi gonna take some cool pix tonight
Old 06-07-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
ya, but have you ever washed your car IN the rain?? - ya, ive done that

Originally Posted by ImPulse
I like the, "Its going to rain tomorrow... Why are you washing it?"

CAUSE ITS NICE OUT NOW, AND I WANT IT ****ING CLEAN *******.
Old 06-08-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I LULULULULUhhhhhLuhhhhVE!!! WasHinG mY cAR!!! .....oh no..actually i luv the look after washing it
Old 06-08-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
eh, just wash my car once a week.
Old 06-08-2004
Registered!!

albs is an unknown quantity at this point
I keep buying more products to try. My roommates think I'm crazy. My wife is glad we have separate checking accounts.
My 1Z PP, and Glanz Wax is coming in today!
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I wash my constantly. I cant stand looking at it when its dirty inside or out. Its an 01 and it still smells like new car. And it always feels good to watch all the salesman at my Dealership stop what there doing and watch as i slowly drive by
Old 06-10-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i thought by reading the subject is was a phobia of being an adult. lol.. i'd have that, i never wanna be a "grown up". F a bunch of that.. i have too much fun now. but washing my car.. nope, not even close. i've never washed it. i do drive thru's.. or pay people. i make it look like **** when i TRY to wash it.
Old 06-11-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
youre not alone...

I hate the "mine is next" routine too. But I thought I was the only who got that where I'm from. There are a bunch of middle aged people in my building. My janitor loves watching me wash my car. He watches my techniques and how I use a latex glove to hold the hose (so that my hands wont get dirty and scratch the paint). My neighbor and his wife always tell me that my car looks like I just brought it home from the dealer...
Old 06-12-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
^^^^ awwwww thanks