Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Do you have, Abultophobia? What do your neighbors think?... lol... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/158133-do-you-have-abultophobia-what-do-your-neighbors-think-lol.html)

ImPulse 06-07-2004 10:08 AM

Do you have, Abultophobia? What do your neighbors think?... lol...

So, yea... They dont have a car washing phobia but they do have a "washing" phobia and, Its called "Abultophobia".

Anyways, As i mentioned I have my own detailing side business, and I believe that my car should always be clean to show people what "I can do".

So... Since the pollen and bird crap keeps coming down, The car basically gets a hose down EVERYDAY, and gets washed at 1-2x's every week.

I just hate driving a car with bird shit on it... Gets me annoyed. :screwy:

So, whenever I start to wash my car, the neighbors are constantly watching me... Its like there morning entertainment. One time one of them came up to me and said, "Take a break", LOL! :rockon: :nono:

All in all, I just cant drive a dirty car :flush:

The neighbors def think that im some ****ed up kid or something :yell: :sweet: :cool:

NeonImpact 06-07-2004 10:10 AM

you are a ****ed up kid :D

dont worry, im the same way.

civicstyle82 06-07-2004 10:15 AM

My car has to be clean inside and out, I hate driving a dirty car.

ImPulse 06-07-2004 10:24 AM

my car looks new... but has 30k miles :p

bobbyd 06-07-2004 12:13 PM

My car looks better than new. :P If your car looks new it must be filled with dealer swirl marks. ;)

mogwai 06-07-2004 01:33 PM

^^^LOL I got lucky. I think they actually had a guy that knew how to detail the day I got my car.

As far as abultophobia, I wash my car on a weekly basis and my neighbors give me that same, “Oh no, here he goes again” look every time. I know they think I’m crazy or something. That’s cool, because I think their crazy for not washing their cars. :) One neighbor did catch the detailing bug from me. He’s out their just as much as me now.

FALKEN 06-07-2004 02:28 PM

i dust mine off every night and 'detail' it on the weekends...it sounds like its time-consuming, but it actually saves time from having to do a major cleaning job on it twice a month or so

my neighbors are always telling me that im going to rub the paint off

bobbyd 06-07-2004 02:32 PM

Jen, you don't want a detail from Honda...trust me...it will be 100000 times worse. I swear they use sand paper and a highspeed buffer.

XxSoVeReiGNxX 06-07-2004 03:32 PM

at least your neighbor only WATCHES you. I swear mine freaking calls her lawn cutters right after i'm done washing, so i try to wash it just before the sun goes down. Then they'll come the next morning lol.
she's old and you know how old people care about their grass. I don't go running around her front lawn, but the water runs towards the side of her lawn hehee

and the "can you wash mine next?" joke gets old after the millionth time!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grr!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they know i'd wash theirs if they asked serious.

FALKEN 06-07-2004 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
I swear mine freaking calls her lawn cutters right after i'm done washing, so i try to wash it just before the sun goes down.

my neighbors know that i get pissed if they do any mowing during or after i wash mine...they usually come over and tell me when their going to do anything first :D

the "can you wash mine next?" joke gets old after the millionth time
so true

armieo 06-07-2004 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
the "can you wash mine next?" joke gets old after the millionth time

Yeah.. or the sarcastic "It's good you're washing it now because it was starting to get a little dirty :_please: "

ANNOYING.

ImPulse 06-07-2004 04:33 PM

I like the, "Its going to rain tomorrow... Why are you washing it?"

CAUSE ITS NICE OUT NOW, AND I WANT IT ****ING CLEAN *******. :)

rokenrolcivic 06-07-2004 05:53 PM

Hahaha, Im glad Im not the only one that cleans my car ALL the time, I too get the neighbours watching me, and they'll say "its already the cleanest car in the neighbourhood" and I always get that look, the "he's cleaning it again" look. And at my honda dealership they usually wash the cars after any service, so I was in for an oil change and the guy looks at my freshly cleaned car and says "I take it you dont want it washed"? than one of the other guys says "his is never dirty" that just made my day! ok i am Fu(ked up! haha

ImPulse 06-07-2004 06:09 PM

my car is sparkling clean right now...

just got a new digi gonna take some cool pix tonight :D

abmerop18 06-07-2004 10:38 PM

ya, but have you ever washed your car IN the rain?? - ya, ive done that :rockon:

Originally Posted by ImPulse
I like the, "Its going to rain tomorrow... Why are you washing it?"

CAUSE ITS NICE OUT NOW, AND I WANT IT ****ING CLEAN *******. :)

chrisleecool 06-08-2004 12:12 AM

I LULULULULUhhhhhLuhhhhVE!!! WasHinG mY cAR!!! .....oh no..actually i luv the look after washing it :rofl: :hgrin: :o :sweet:

tripledoublegs 06-08-2004 05:44 PM

eh, just wash my car once a week.

albs 06-08-2004 06:34 PM

I keep buying more products to try. My roommates think I'm crazy. My wife is glad we have separate checking accounts.
My 1Z PP, and Glanz Wax is coming in today!

RedDragon333 06-10-2004 04:23 PM

I wash my constantly. I cant stand looking at it when its dirty inside or out. Its an 01 and it still smells like new car. And it always feels good to watch all the salesman at my Dealership stop what there doing and watch as i slowly drive by :)

Cocky 06-10-2004 06:53 PM

i thought by reading the subject is was a phobia of being an adult. lol.. i'd have that, i never wanna be a "grown up". F a bunch of that.. i have too much fun now. but washing my car.. nope, not even close. i've never washed it. i do drive thru's.. or pay people. i make it look like shit when i TRY to wash it.

AR 06-11-2004 03:42 PM

youre not alone...

I hate the "mine is next" routine too. But I thought I was the only who got that where I'm from. There are a bunch of middle aged people in my building. My janitor loves watching me wash my car. He watches my techniques and how I use a latex glove to hold the hose (so that my hands wont get dirty and scratch the paint). My neighbor and his wife always tell me that my car looks like I just brought it home from the dealer... :)

RedDragon333 06-12-2004 12:29 PM

^^^^ awwwww thanks