Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Non-Abrasive Paint Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Non-Abrasive Paint Cleaner?

Hey everyone, I haven't washed my car for a week and it has been raining for a while down here in houston. Today when I washed my car, there were water spots all over it and marks from leaves that dried on my car. I have used meguiars paint cleaner a pretty good amount in less than a year and I was wondering if there is anything out there that is non-abrasive that will remove this stuff?
Old 03-17-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
try claying your car... you would be surprised on how much contaminants, dirt, etc... that come up in the clay, and it will get rid of the water spots as well. claying should be done at least once a year! http://www.clay-magic.com
Old 03-17-2004
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, actually I clayed my car last month. I still have the clay left over because I barely took off any contaiminents the first time. Should I just go ahead and recaly the surface areas with the water spots?
Old 03-17-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by ZSKCivic01
Yea, actually I clayed my car last month. I still have the clay left over because I barely took off any contaiminents the first time. Should I just go ahead and recaly the surface areas with the water spots?
sure why not, claying isn't going to hurt your finish as long as you do it correctly. try the meguiars clear coat body scrub paint cleaner as well. ----> http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...&subcatagory=2
Old 03-22-2004
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
In this situation I would use a Dual Action buffer to achieve better/quicker results. I would use Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner/Polish (M8332) with a Meguiars 8006 yellow polishing pad. Then I would top it off with Meguiars NXT Tech wax.
Old 03-22-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Use meguiar's clear coat body scrub. Best stuff there is for removing ANYTHING from the clear coat. It even wiped away dried tar without hurting the paint. Just wax afterwards.
Old 03-22-2004
Registered!!

albs is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes you gotta go with something with abrasives, it's just a matter of how abrasive of a cleaner.

I had some tough water spots on my black Civic. I used Meguiars #2 Fine Cut Cleaner followed by #9 Swirl remover. This removed the water spots easily, and polished the paint nicely. This was applied with a Porter Cable 7424.

For a lot of detailed information on detailing, I like to read one of the popular BMW detailing forums:
http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/detailing/

Read the FAQ first.

You'll find a lot of people with OCD when reading the forums.

Here's another website that contains some information. I order from them all the time. You'll
find a lot of products that you won't find in your local autoparts store.

http://www.properautocare.com/whatdif.html