Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Detailing by Self...or getting it done?

Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zull is an unknown quantity at this point
Detailing by Self...or getting it done?

I'd like to say Hi to all .... im a newbie here and a proud owner of Civic 2K1.

was reading various threads on detailing and had a few questions myself...

- Do you guys do detailing by yourself or have it professionallly done?
- How often do ya get ur car detailed in a year?

cheers,

Zull
Old 02-29-2004
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
Well, since I am a Honda detail tech I guess you can say that I do it myself and get it professionally done

Also I fully detail my car inside and out about 2-3 times a month. But I wash, vac, clean the windows, every saturday.

Last edited by GrayGhost; 02-29-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-29-2004
Nobody's Bitch...!

GreenKermet_Si has a spectacular aura aboutGreenKermet_Si has a spectacular aura about
Hey! Welcome, kiddo!
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

R33civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I Detail my car by myself at least once a week. I spend a minimum of at least an hour depending on how dirty it is. The engine bay gets cleaned every month.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
diy, and save $$$. if you feel your not capable of doing a decent job... then get it done somewhere. i don't really trust other places doing it. they may scratch the finish, steal something out of your car, etc. washing... waxing... etc... are some of the responsibilities of owning a car.
Old 02-29-2004

03HondaEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Alright this is my third car, and I would definitely detail the car yourslef. Depending on the weather, or just how dirty my car is, I will typically completly detail the interior and exterior of my car two to three times a month. Each time completely waxing the car(sometimes twice), armor-alling nearly everything that is black, etc. My car always looks great. Plus if you want to get sponsored, as I am, you always have to have a clean car, or they won't ever look at you. I am always sure to keep my car immaculate, and so far it has caught the attention of many shops. Not to mention the great condition that your car will be in for years to come.
Old 03-01-2004
local 7thgen rugger!

shawnskee22 is an unknown quantity at this point
man i dont have time to do much of anything, school and rugby take up all of my time, this weekend was the first free weekend i have had in two months and i was sick! oh well my car is in desperate need of detailing. hopefully i can get to it within a week or two. and yes i do it myself, as best as i can.
Old 03-01-2004

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
what is a good chamois to use, i have tried 3 of them and one was ok but it ripped too fast and the other two didnt soak up the drips of water at all
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Do it urself its better to spend sometime on ur car, plus you saved money,
Old 03-01-2004

03HondaEx is an unknown quantity at this point
I use a brand called The Absorber, its not leather, but it works much better than any other chamois that I have used. It comes in like 3 different colors, mine's blue, and you can get them at a local Wal-Mart.
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 03HondaEx
I use a brand called The Absorber, its not leather, but it works much better than any other chamois that I have used. It comes in like 3 different colors, mine's blue, and you can get them at a local Wal-Mart.
it's soft and gentler on the paint, and soaks up more water. i use to use a chamois, but it got to rough/hard and they don't seem to last that long. not only is the absorber cheaper... but it will last longer. go buy one, the absorber rocks!
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Definately do it yourself, I'm a detailer at an independant shop and I would recommend doing it yourself unless you have big stains or it's beyond cleaning it yourself. I hate the lazy a$$es that can't do it themselves and bring their filthy diaper smelling vehicles to us, although it keeps money in my pockets. Not looking forward to the day I have to clean a suicide car though.
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

Zull is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL

thanks for ur posts guys!

Well, i like to keep my ride as clean as possible but the winters (here in Toronto) it just kills me..... and i hate to move my limbs.

but its almost spring now... so hopefully i will get to it. I'm thinking like getting it detailed once professionally..... and then maintaining it over the summer.

....oh btw, i hate ppl who like to ride in our cars and get dirty shoes and slippers inside the car..... ARGH! just hate it.

zull
Old 03-08-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Well I have never let another detailer touch my car. That's a "no no" is my opinion. I'm a bit meticulous. Yeah, but I don't car it make me sleep better at night.

I say try and do it yourself. Save the money and take some time out. Even if the winters are shitty... it doesn't make a difference imo, the car will get dirty when you take it out tomorrow. Fortunately I have a large, dry, warm place to wash my car in my garage .

Oh and keeping your car inside overnight is the best advantage if you live somewhere with varying weather conditions.
Old 03-11-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Do it yourself. If you have any questions, dont be afraid to post them here...That is what this forum is for.

I am a car detailer. I have had my own business since 1988. I really dont get to do my car that much, because I am too busy doing other peoples cars...but when I do get a chance, I usually spend a couple of hours on it making it look nice.