Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

2001 civic 4dr door guards

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lex990 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 civic 4dr door guards

Ok,

Are these guards just stuck on with 2 way adhesive or are they actually bolted on? If you yank them off are the doors flush and no groves were they were?? I was told on my 94 ranger that the emblems were just stuck on and i didn't check on it and just ripped them off and they had 3 holes behind them i had to shave. so let me know about these guards so i don't have any surprises this time so my question is can you use a heat gun and just pull them off?
Old 02-18-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Re: 2001 civic 4dr door guards

Originally posted by lex990
Ok,

Are these guards just stuck on with 2 way adhesive or are they actually bolted on? If you yank them off are the doors flush and no groves were they were?? I was told on my 94 ranger that the emblems were just stuck on and i didn't check on it and just ripped them off and they had 3 holes behind them i had to shave. so let me know about these guards so i don't have any surprises this time so my question is can you use a heat gun and just pull them off?
if your talking about the door guard (no the plastic ones on the edge of the door) that go along in the middle on the side of the door.... i believe those are mounted/bolted along with adhesive tape. don't yank or pull it off, because it might take off some paint. not to mention... there will probably be a deep groove where the door guard use to be. if you take it off, you'll probably have to fill in/shave the holes/grooves and re-paint it. it's probably not worth the hassle. lease:
Old 02-18-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
There's no hassle. I just ripped mine out on a warm day. It's just some glue in there. If it leaves marks on the outside, just clean it with Meguiar's clear coat body scrub. Mine turned out fine.
Old 02-18-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
the side moldings on the 4drs are attached by 3M double-sided tape AND plastics clips...so if you do take them off, you will need to have the holes filled and painted...not worth it in my opinion

note: only the coupes are attached with 3M double-sided tape (no clips) since the side moldings are an option and not standard equipment
Old 02-18-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
He's talking about the door edge guards that go around each door to protect from dings and stuff, not side moulding...
Old 02-19-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i believe that he is talking about the moldings

read the post again...he asked if they were possibly 'bolted on'
Old 02-19-2004
Premium Member

Okay, you're right. He says door guards but means side moulding But yeah, like Falken says they will leave holes if taken off.