Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

bug spray...does it harm the paintjob?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
bug spray...does it harm the paintjob?

theres a spider in my passenger side rearview mirror, every morning i get in and theres a fatty web all over the mirror and window and everyday i tear it down but the next morning...its back! so i deceided to Raid his little ***, i dont think it would harm the paint but i just want to make sure, does it?
Old 06-29-2003
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really doubt that bug spray would do anything to your paint. I say just go ahead and gas him.
Old 06-29-2003
Registered!!

AznTiger1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bug spray wont do crap unless you are to spray acid. Paint doesn't usually get messed up unless you use something very corrosive like gum remover and gunk begone crap. Those things are basically slower versions of paint thinner. But in any casy blast the stuff in and wipe it down after a few minuts.
Old 07-01-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
the spider is now...."taken care of"
no harm to the paint but took some good elbow grease to get off the mirror. small price to pay though for no more spider webs, little crap was living in there for atleast a month!