Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

7th Gen Available Turbo Kits Writeup-UPDATE 4-22-07

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
7th Gen Available Turbo Kits Writeup-UPDATE 4-22-07

All my writeups are gone.

Last edited by andyman97; 06-08-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2005
Registered!!

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Good job, Andy. This is the kinda comparison we need to make more informed desicions!
Old 06-28-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
This is a good write up plus 1 for you
Old 06-29-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Well, this is nice and all but dosen't realy mean much since it's your opinion based on not owning the kits. I mean I would feel alot better if someone made a writeup that was colabed with people that actualy owned the kit in question. For example:
Summary:
I have heard mixed reviews about this kit. People who are using it love it. Some others don’t care for it. This kit also allows keeping of the a/c and p/s. The manifold is cast (not stainless) and uses a heat shield. I don’t know the quality of the manifold but I doubt anyone using this kit will try to push more than 10 psi through it, so it should hold up fine. They also put a 5 year warranty on cast parts and a one year warranty on other accessories.
The first sentance in "I have heard"... that's a little disconcering to me. Non the less, good job writing the info portion up.
Old 06-29-2005
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
SF is DONE...they dont make ANY turbo kits for ANY car ANYmore!!!
Old 06-29-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Well, this is nice and all but dosen't realy mean much since it's your opinion based on not owning the kits. I mean I would feel alot better if someone made a writeup that was colabed with people that actualy owned the kit in question. For example:

The first sentance in "I have heard"... that's a little disconcering to me. Non the less, good job writing the info portion up.
Well, I don't have firsthand experience with every kit on the market. All I can do is give my own opinion from what I've read and what I've heard. Feel free to post your own writeup if you want, I just saw that Havok was asking for one, so I did it to help out the new members and let them see the possible pros and cons and make their own decisions.

And, Shoeless, I had heard Mike Stafford was still marketing Celica kits. It was a once available kit and there are still people that were trying to sell them and I wanted to put some info on this kit because people still ask about them in the fi forum.
Old 06-29-2005

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
nope def not making celica kits anymore...I know a guy the HAD the celica kit and it was a piece of &*%$ and went else where for a NEW kit, and if u check the celica forum you will learn that THEY are having as much trouble as the 7thgeners, spyder chat people ect...

Edit: Im not trying to be a b1tch about anything!! It might have come off that way and I sorry!, I just know the guy filed for bankruptcy

Last edited by ShoelessEX; 06-29-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2005
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Good info brother!

The only problem that we will continue seeing posts that read: "Well, does any one know who makes a turbo kit for our cars?"

But overall: the info servers its purpose.
Old 06-29-2005

Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
Good info brother!

The only problem that we will continue seeing posts that read: "Well, does any one know who makes a turbo kit for our cars?"

But overall: the info servers its purpose.
so tru!! cause n00bs dont know how to use the "search" button
Old 06-29-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
good job.....this relly helpful...thankx....i was about the purchase the kit....but not any more... will just buy the parts and put it togather...thankx....
Old 06-29-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work!
Old 06-30-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
I am currently running the TSI Extreme Kit with a t28 BB turbo and pushing 12 psi on an 2002 EX Sedan automatic. The tranny has been rebuilt using the TCI Auto Stage 2 Kit. So far I've had nothing but awesome driving experience out of the install. Currently i'm awaiting CV axles and then I am going to get into the dyno hopefully so I can post up some numbers. This kit is easy to install with minimal modification to anything.

*note the manifold is cast iron , extremely heavy duty
Old 06-30-2005
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
Hey all, I have never heard of this kit and I keep up on the forums, at least reading, not posting too much lately. I apologized if this has been covered. Anyways here is the website http://www.xclusivecustomimports.com/

I emailed them and they said that they plan on releasing a turbo kit at the end of July for the 7th gen civic. They say its a complete kit, nothing else to buy, but there always is something else to buy. And the best price is the price. They said it would be $2400, and maybe $2200 for an introudctory price. If the kit looks like the picture on their website, it looks like it might now be too shabby. Take a look at that manifold! It doesn't look like some of that homemade garbage I've seen lately. I emailed them back asking for a list of what's included in the kit.

PS i tried posting a new topic for this kit, but it never made the thread when I hit submit, must be some kind of bug they are working out...
Old 06-30-2005
Registered!!

1320Racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Supprised this hasnt been put up as a sticky.
Old 07-02-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Very nice writeup Andy, I appreciate it

I'll leave it sticky for a few weeks so people can add their $0.02 for their kits as well....

Plus I have added it to the Turbo FAQ....
Old 07-02-2005
Turbo Guru

Your welcome Havok.

And for those that find this thread useful, hit me up with reps.
Old 07-12-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats going on Ive been researching kits for my 01 ex and the only one besides a custom one is the TCI extreme on turbokits.com. I was glad to hear about someone finaly using it. Anyway I just wanted to know what fuel option u took and wether or not you switched your internals out? I Can't find axles for my car either cause I know later when I run more hp that I could break the axle. Did u put the kit in yourself?
Old 07-13-2005
Turbo Guru

I stated my opinion on fuel setups in the 1st post. Only way to go is bigger injectors, fuel pump and emanage. I'm running stock axles. Yes I put the kit in myself. No, I don't have internals yet. Do a little searching and you'll find everything you need to know.
Old 12-08-2006
Registered!!

kilamoney27 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice numbers bro...i, pullin about 315 at 15 psi..fully built motor...head and block..with aem ems...gt28bb turbo..spools about 2800rpm..respectable numbers though..i only post when there is summin worth to be said..except i have no sponsor...hard earned money playa...u and me seem like we are the only guys with the fast em2's....props either way
Old 12-08-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
^would you care to do an intro thread? let us know a little about yourself and your ride?

Good work on this thread andy, i can't believe i hadn't come across it before...
Old 03-17-2007
Registered!!

Jwasiliw is an unknown quantity at this point
Few question - intake mnaifold, exhaust manifold, wastegates

Great information.

Would you recommend using a set-up with an internal wastegate or an external wastegate.

What kind of intake manifold do you recommend?

Do you know of any throttle bodies which will fit the D17 engine?

Can I see a few pictures of your set-up

Thanks,

Jeff Wasiliw
Old 03-18-2007
Turbo Guru

All of your questions can be answered by searching.
Old 04-22-2007
Turbo Guru

Re: 7th Gen Available Turbo Kits Writeup-UPDATE 4-22-07

Bump for a to the minute update.
Old 04-22-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Andy your such a post *****! LOL JK.. nice bro... ps:my cars running again!
Old 04-23-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Lots 'o' info thank you for sharing. I'm 100 percent sure now that I'm going to buy a turbo one day.....sigh....
Old 06-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude. Where did your write-ups go?
Old 06-30-2007
Turbo Guru

I removed them all. Rather not get into details though.
Old 07-01-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Okee doke. That sux, but I think I saved them as word docs somewhere.
Old 05-20-2018
Registered!!

FastRod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
I am currently running the TSI Extreme Kit with a t28 BB turbo and pushing 12 psi on an 2002 EX Sedan automatic. The tranny has been rebuilt using the TCI Auto Stage 2 Kit. So far I've had nothing but awesome driving experience out of the install. Currently i'm awaiting CV axles and then I am going to get into the dyno hopefully so I can post up some numbers. This kit is easy to install with minimal modification to anything.

*note the manifold is cast iron , extremely heavy duty
I am wondering if installing a TSI Extreme Turbo Kit to my 04 Honda Civic VTEC 1.7l is a good idea and will it damage my tranny?
Old 05-21-2018
Registered!!

5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough

Is your transmission auto or manual?