Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

Cold Air on Feet (2k2 civic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AznHalfy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cold Air on Feet (2k2 civic)

Hey guys ... I have a question ... my 2k2 civic si (cdn coupe)

1) it blows cold air when I put the vent setting on the feet.
2) when I turn it to the other vent settings the air is warm and hot
3) I called the dealership and they said that it was a problem with the 7th gen civics in the 2k1 model but that it should have been fixed in the 2k2 model.

Does anyone else have this problem/had the problem .... and what did they do to fix it.

L8tr
Old 01-23-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I have never read a post describing your situation. Now, I haven't read every post but I would know if it was common on the 2k1s. Hmm..a common problem on 2k1s. Weird! Let us know what's wrong.
Old 01-24-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
isnt it normal on ALL cars and not just civics? use the air circulator thing(sorry not sure what its called) and you wont feel it
Old 01-24-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
new to me too
Old 01-27-2003
bw
Registered!!

bw is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had this problem with my 2k1 from the beginning. Been to Honda service 4 times at 3 dealers and no luck. They would just return the car to me without doing anything and say the heat was working "normally".

The dealer where I bought it told me to contact Honda corporate and then when Honda called the dealer the dealer just repeated what the work orders said, that my heat was working 'normally'. Honda then closed my case because of this.

Well, it was -1F this morning and my heat is not working fine.

Good luck.
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

makrovi can only hope to improve
I am in a 2k3, and it does the same thing, i thought it was just my pants very cold so the air being blown on them were cold. I just let the heat go for a little while. I think no heat goes to the ground when you pick it with heat because hot air is heavy and just stays down there, so for efficiency sake, it just blows from the top and hopefully will sink to the bottom. That is why i usually start the car and hide in the house until it is warmed and toasty. And it's been getting like -20 with windchill here in chicago.
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

MikeC is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's my first post.

I'm looking at a used 2001 Civic LX green coupe, 14,200 miles, looks like new. But when test driving it, this was the first thing I noticed, warm air through the top vents, and what felt like cold air from the lower vents. The dealer I working with is letting my take the car home for a couple of days. After driving about 20 miles today in 20 degree weather, the lower vents finally seemed to be putting out some warmer air, but still not like the top vents, nor as good as any other car I've driven.

I think no heat goes to the ground when you pick it with heat because hot air is heavy and just stays down there, so for efficiency sake, it just blows from the top and hopefully will sink to the bottom.

Not quite, hot air rises, cold air sinks. That is why you normally want warm air from below, because it will not "sink" to the lower parts of the car, but rise to fill the entire cabin.

As for the 2001 Civic, anything else to look for? What are the know problems? Any major recalls to worry about?

The dealer has given me what I think is a fairly good price right from the start, almost too good, I wonder if something is wrong with the car. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] They called me the day they took this car in on trade as I had been there before looking at some other cars they had on the lot, What I'm looking for is going to be a third car that a soon to be 16 year old will be driving also, but one I and her mother will also drive when we want to.