Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

Door jammed. seen this before?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edats is an unknown quantity at this point
Door jammed. seen this before?

My car is a 2005 Honda Civic EX-SE 2D 5MT. I made the mistake of closing my door after removing the door panel. I just couldn't get it back on. Never had this issue with my 2000 civic it just popped on an off very easily. So the issue started with # 18 in this link https://parts.sonshonda.com/showAsse...rimLevel=24786 . The inner driver door window sill just removed itself from the pressure of me trying to pop the inner door panel back on the door. It had one lip pop off and some get smashed in bad positions. I thought I could easily open the door from the outside. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I found the replacement #18 on that site but I would much rather just buy a whole new door for this civic from one of the several junkyards in my city. Has anyone experienced door jams in this model? Or maybe know what I need to do to open the door so I can remove it? The door panel has some degree of available room for movement, but I can't find a way to open it. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 07-31-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Door jammed. seen this before?

To remove the door skin you pull the bottom first then when its loose you swing the bottom away from the door and unhook the top which sits in the door window groove.

Reinstalling is the same process but backwards.

Not sure if this helps, but that's how I got mine off, with no issue.
Old 07-31-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Door jammed. seen this before?

Confused,

Is the door lock jammed inside the door panel in the down position so you can’t unlock it? Pretty much massive tug upwards?

Breaking panel off might be your best option.

its much cheaper to replace a inner door panel than to replace the whole door, not to mention it’s real pain to get those doors to align back up.