Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Rebuilding trans, EP3, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2020
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SFSITae415 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rebuilding trans, EP3, need some advice

So I just finished breaking down my tranny from my 03 Si and it's done for my low is gone on the counter shaft need a new main shaft and 3rd gear on the counter shaft. I can find 2 out of the three parts. The alternative I need is for countershaft low gear part number 23421-PNR-000 the part has been discontinued any suggestions. I kinda wanna continue the rebuild do to the fact that I spent money on a syncrotech rebuild kit. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Rebuilding trans, EP3, need some advice

your request had nothing to do with transmission swaps or compatible transmissions (whole trans), so it was moved out of there into a new thread.
Next time, please create a new thread to post in instead of a random one.

Have you tried contacting a dealer?
Old 12-27-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Rebuilding trans, EP3, need some advice

Search for the part number on Google. Just found one on Amazon for ~$100. It does show it's discontinued from Honda. Mainshaft part number is 23210-PNR-020, counter shaft third gear part number is 23471-PPP-000. Both of these parts are not discontinued. You can look up the transmission internals on any Honda parts site (HondaPartsNow, HondaPartsOnline, etc.).

Since you have an EP3 and therefore a K series engine check out Kseriesparts.com. They also sell transmission internals.
The following users liked this post:
sdaidoji (12-27-2020)