Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Sucker for punishment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sparky_w/wrench is an unknown quantity at this point
Sucker for punishment.

Hey guys and gals, found the forums through google searches for my 05 HCH...just purchased from my inlaws ($500) i think they got the better end of the deal lol..the car is shaking on take off and shutters a bit on deceleration(below 10mph)..pretty sure theres a tranny rebuild in my future, but before i go that route i wanted to confirm the shudder could not be attributed to the failed motor mounts, i also have a very strong fuel smell when i exit the car after driving, accompanied by a check engine light for an upstream o2 sensor chicken or the egg? Any ways look forward to talking to yall and learning a bit about this new project of mine.
Old 07-05-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,215 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Sucker for punishment.

o2 sensor and engine mounts
moving to proper section
Old 07-05-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
o2 sensor and engine mounts
moving to proper section
Friendly bunch here thanks for the warm welcome, will deactivate account and find info elsewhere....might as well have gone to the dealer...
Old 07-05-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

?!?
gave you the answer.
moved thread because questions are better answered in the correct section. Introductions are better left as introductions. Questions in the right place.
Do you throw your socks in the dinner table?

snowflakes will be flamed no matter which forums.
Old 07-05-2021
Registered!!

Im sorry if my intro didnt fit your definition...i didnt specifically ask for answers in that post i specified i was looking forward to learning more...im 95% sure the mount s are not the issue but was looking for further troubleshooting tips...
Old 07-05-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

first fix what is known.
o2 sensor possibly linked to fuel smell. also screws with mileage, so more spent per mile. can also increase engine shaking at low RPM. pick the right one, 05 uses wideband sensor (the expensive one, sadly). Not sure if wideband will need to be OEM (Hondas are finnicky with sensors and many end up having to do twice. If yours was a 01-02, it would have been narrowband and any sensor would have worked.
engine mounts will let powertrain vibrations increase. fix that too if they are torn - it is still cheaper than trans rebuild.
Old 07-05-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,161 Likes on 972 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Fuel smell can also be cracked/chewed hoses or even the pump housing